depressed

ICEMANN

Registered
Had a rash of unusual luck lately..... Small reminder for everyone. Learn from others and their luck to save your self.

The other day Budman and his a couple of his friends came by for some bike tweaks without problems. They got a lil rain.... Good meeting everyone as I said before... Puts me in the mood to work on my bike.

Now my luck. I decided to detail the bike some, change the oil, clean the chain, and air up the tires. Rear tire is gettin close in the middle from all the highway ridin... I tell myself keep the rear to about 35 or so as to prevent a flat since it's "thinner" in that area....

SO get a minature version of a rail road spike in the tire. It's 2" long and sharp as hell. Have no idea what it could belong tooo. So I got a flat..

That sucked.

I decide to get my work lap top out and start searching for tire prices. Shut the lid and shattered the screen.

That sucked.

So I decided to clean the small stuff in the garage up. See a staple with a short piece of romex that needs pulled down hanging from the garage rafter. One quick pull and trash it. I Think to myself as I climb up the step ladder that I should put on some safety glasses to keep the dust out. Then tell myself that it's just pulling out one piece of unused wire to trash 5 seconds and im done.

Reach up and touch the wood rafter for balance when dust falls in my eye. Do the typical rinse, flush routeen without luck. Jump in the shower to flood the eye, still feels like somethings in it and it hurts like hell. Neighbor buddy doesnt see anything with a flash light.

Fuk with the eye another couple hours with seline, and then my other nurse neighbor
soapbox.gif
comes home and says put some visine in you eye to stop the dryness effect..... It was like bleech and gasoline at the same time burning, luckey I couldnt find my gun at that point.

Now Im getting nervous. My eye hurts like hell and my eye socket now hurts.

Take a trip to the ER kinda kickin myself cause Im a woose and a half when it comes to my eyes. Cant even put in eye drops...

Neighbor buddy friend drives me... While enroute, Im holding my eyelid out away from my eye to keep the pain down. He slams on the brakes to avoid a dog, so I poke myself dead in the fukkkin eye. Wanted to kill him and the dog. Now I cant see shytt at all.

Get to the ER and admitting nurse dumb ass keeps pointing for me to go here and there as if I was looking at her after she helped me into the door. I actually had to finally ask her if she askes people w/o leggs in a wheel chair to walk here and there......

See Doc immediately. Doc flips my eyelids inside out (both upper and lower). Straps me down and numbs my eye with some fluids and then uses a dye drop on my eye.

Now Im scared to death, I cant close my swollen eye that hurts yet it's numb. Im tossin and turnin cause it just hurts. He's turns around with a frog man night vision looking getup and a blue filtered light from hell to look into my eye.. Now Ive seen the center of the sun.

Ever seen micro tweezers before.... I have all the way into my eye and cant blink.... Eye is numb but brain says it should hurt.

Puts a clamp lock on my eye, which Im watching the whole thing, squrrmmin like a beatch..... While he trys to sooth me with "hold the fuk still" speaches.

After shock surgury he removed a splinter from the center of my eyeball that was below the first layer of flesh sticking straight out, and a sliver from the upper underside of my eyelid both smaller than I dont know what. Stopped the pain, now my entire eye socket hurts from the clamps as well as my rubbing.

I have three scratches across my eye and cant see shytt. I have to take numbing and disifectant eye drops every 4-6 hours which I cant do by myself cause I suck at it, Im on 2 vicodine pills every four hours which doesnt seem to have much effect on me that I know of. Yet non drowsy binadryll will put my arse out in a heart beat.

Cant drive, or expose the eye to light or sun for 2-3 days. All because I was too lazy to listen to myself and put on some dayum glasses...

I know this doesnt go here but all this happened in one day. Most of it was from ignoring my own instincts which we all tend to do. The flat could have been worse as well as it's no fun and games when someone pokes an eye out.

My tid bit of the day.

OH... Almost forgot. Anyone have any tips for replacing a DELL LATITUDE C600 laptop screen?

Or how bout good prices on Sportec M-1's rear?

Thanks, be safe
JD

Can still remember the pain of when I got a welding 'flash' in both eyes
.. blind and felt like having your eye balls (nearly omitted eye)
rubbed constantly with sand paper . Feel your pain Ice .
down.gif

But cheer up it could have been worse , I bet you needed to hear that..
smile.gif

Hope your week gets better. I had to have my girlfriends brother (13 years old) drive me to the ER for something I got in my eye while screwing around with Xmas trees a few years back...

Take it easy, relax and think about the next ride...

Wear eye protection...
biggrin.gif

Dang!! your luck does suck!!

I was shot in the eye with a BB, stuck a straight slot screw driver in the same eye 10 years later. Never touched the lens either time so I never had any scratches on the lens.

When I was shot though, soooo much blood was in and around the eye and the eye had to heal the doctor had to bandage both my eyes shut for a week to keep down movement to let it heal.

Dell latitude C600 screen? you are probably screwed. my past experience with screens are that the screens are the most expensive part of the laptop.

The screen themselves are easy to replace. If you were close by and had the screen I would do the maintenance on it for you at no cost.

But you would probably have to ship it to me and by the time you finished paying shipping both ways you could pay a local tech to do it.

If you are technically inclined, they really are not that difficult.

Might want to call Dell and see what they would charge to replace it.

If it is real expensive maybe home insurance would pay for it if it were some kind of "accident"

JD,
Sorry to hear about your string of bad luck. My advice: don't want under any ladders, steer clear of any black cats and most importantly - aviod mirrors at all costs!

Here's to ya healin quickly Bro!

Shawn

ouch, damn I didnt get it that bad when I got hot solder in my eye after sweating a pipe laying on my back under the house. But I do have some idea what you're feeling. $hit in your eye is no fun.

No offense, but the wiff and I were dyin' laughin' our butts off atcher misfortune. Okay, we're a couplasickfuks. Sorry. Really.

Fortunately for you, the eye heals faster than any other part of the body. Just use the antibiotic like a good boy and you'll be O-Tay!

When I had my RK surgery 15 years okay (Yup, the old-fashioned knife kind), the doctor taped up my eyes and said, "Don't rub 'em. It'll hurt."

Next day, like a dumazz, of course, they were itching like crazy and without even thinking, I touched my palm to my eye and was instantly in the worst pain I've ever experienced in my life, before or since. I'm debating about whether or not I'd prefer to be kicked in the nutz than have that again. Took a good half hour for the pain to reced enough for me to even open my eyes again.

Sheesh.

Despite the entertainment, boss, I do empathize with ya. So does the Missus.

--Wag--

Damn! don't waste you money on a lotto ticket :-)

As far as the laptop, the screen will cost you around $350-$400...You can ebay a used laptop for the same amount then swap screens and sell it for ~$150 for parts...

sorry to hear about your day, but man that whole dog thing was too much for me.....kinda like when you see a buddy smack his head on a rafter, you know it hurt but is too damn funny not to laugh.

Wow, that sucks ass......well there's always a bright side.

Look at it this way, in one day you probably took all the bad things that could've happened to you in spurts over a year, but you took it all in one day. Tested your strength and now you'll probably have the rest of the year to relax and not worry about bad luck.

Damn, I thought I was the only one that had days like that! What has the possibility of going wrong, normally does go wrong in my life. Nice to know I have company out there!
smile.gif

As for the laptop, I'm sure Dell can square you away with a new screen. Hopefully its under warranty. Sometimes the screen repair can cost as much as a new laptop, especially if its an older laptop.

Hopefully you'll start having a string of good luck here soon to compensate for the bad.

Been there and done that!
sad.gif
ER visit and all.

Heal up quick.
wink.gif

JD, sorry to hear of all your misadventures. Been through something similar on the eye thing. Can't say I'd wish that on anyone. Better lay low for a while and maybe stay away from fireworks this fourth. Sounds like your luck isn't so lucky....

Back