Riding to blow off steam/depression.

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
We all get angry/depressed from time to time its part of life. One benefit to the Busa is its an excellent outlet for getting rid of depression and anger.

I have pushed it very hard when angry, so much so that I have scared myself and that is exactly what it took to get rid of the anger...a cruise works sometimes but sometimes I need a good aggressive, adrenaline pumping ride.

I try to keep my decisions on the 'foolish' side and stay away from flat out 'stupid' decisions.

I would never want anyone else riding with me when I ride like this.

I/ most people I know try not to operate vehicles when angry or very stressed. Big mistakes can be made...

Being very angry is alot like being under the influence of alcohol.

True but I guess when I do it its along with the realization of what I am doing so I take a little extra care in my decision making. I kind of see it as a self medication of sorts...even though I am angry I know how much 'medicine' can kill you.

Riding is definitely a relaxer...Just don't over do it when angry/depressed...The result could be fatal...

either exactly that on some back country roads where its just me and some bugs or I hit the gym and just work out extra hard... maybe I should do the gym thing more than the bike thing
blush.gif

A trip to the gun range is good too, basically anything that causes me to focus copmletely on what I'm doing so that I can forget about whatever it is that set me off

I wouldn't advise it either, leave the bike in the garage and instead buy a speed bag or heavy bag and beat on that, works wonders, you'll get in shape at the same time, and everyone will be better off.

not good to ride when angry....too easy to make fatal mistakes.

I've rode before when I was angry....luckily for me, I'm still here.

Much better to hammer the 150....

I hear ya' BV. I crank on it on the back roads. Never so much that I've scared myself, but to the point that I have to check myself. I don't know why, but I agree w/you, I always come back jacked up, but in a good mood and full of energy. I've never done it when I've been really pissed off, but I have when I've been moody, grumpy; just in an all around pissy mood.

Don't drive angry! Naw, I try not to operate any kind of machinery when I am like that..... I have very little self-control when I am riled up. Good on ya, if you can keep your head, but I am smart enough to know that I cannot.

We all get angry/depressed from time to time its part of life. One benefit to the Busa is its an excellent outlet for getting rid of depression and anger.

I have pushed it very hard when angry, so much so that I have scared myself and that is exactly what it took to get rid of the anger...a cruise works sometimes but sometimes I need a good aggressive, adrenaline pumping ride.

I try to keep my decisions on the 'foolish' side and stay away from flat out 'stupid' decisions.

I would never want anyone else riding with me when I ride like this.
BV -

Read into what I am about to say and think about it.

I have been through quite a bit in my life. And have become what I would consider very good at not only analyzing other people but myself. When I do things, I might not think about what I do before I do it. but after the fact, if I do something that I determine to be quite stupid in nature I try to figure out why I did it.

In most times in my life when I have done things that were "risky" that could end in my demise, it was done so because at some level that was what I wanted.

When I did my few years as a bounty hunter, it was after I had my heart crushed one too many times by women and I really did not give a shid about living. Wasn’t going to go kill myself, but I really did not care if I lived or died, and I think part of me was hoping I would get killed.

When I have got pissed off at a girl and took off like a bat out of hell in my car, or on my motorcycle, it was usually because somewhere deep down inside I was thinking that if I got into a bad accident "that would show her!!!!"

Now a daze, when I am pissed I tried to avoid driving… anything….

But if you are getting angry and riding your bike like you stole it. do some soul searching and see if maybe you are doing so in hopes of something happening to you that will either hurt someone else, or end the pain you are feeling.

In any case. Getting on a motorcycle, driving a car when you are mad just isn’t a good idea. Invest in a good 90 pound punching bag and beat the crap out of it. Trust me, it is much safer than getting on a motorcycle and again trust me, it is WAY more satisfying to beat the crap out of a bag when you are mad than to try and push a motor vehicle to its and your limits..

You asked so there is my .02
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126495360 -->

You are right, I like to put it all out there sometimes and toy around with death. I dont want anyone else hurt though.

either exactly that on some back country roads where its just me and some bugs or I hit the gym and just work out extra hard... maybe I should do the gym thing more than the bike thing
blush.gif

A trip to the gun range is good too, basically anything that causes me to focus copmletely on what I'm doing so that I can forget about whatever it is that set me off
+1

Let me tell you buying a Busa prolly SAVED my life. The reason is, is that when I used to ride my chopper that thing would break down every other friggin time I rode it and by the time I would get it going again I was so pissed of I would be the she-ite outta of it and would end up draggin pegs or pipes (which u normally don't do on those types of bike). Now I get this bike and it starts everytime and runs like a friggin champ, GOD I LOVE THESE BIKES!!!!!!!!

I ride when things bother me because within the first mile i have put them to the back of my mind and concentrate on riding cant say havent pushed a little harder but its always been by my self and never a danger to others on the road
wink.gif

Trasherfox, I want to thank you for your post, I feel and drive very much like BV, I guess we should slow down ha.
By the way BV I was charged $525 for tune up and valve adjustment, I shoulda checked with you first..
next time u'r in Seattle let me know, I am always ready for a ride.

I can't ride when I'm angry because I would kill myself. Just don't make good decisions when I'm really mad. I do however ride when I'm feeling bad or depressed. It seems to calm me in some way. Sometimes I just head out to some old country roads and cruise and get lost.

Most deffinetly do it when im down in the dumps...something about being in the open and just concentrating on the bike and the trance it puts you in just makes everything go away for a while...keeps you occupied...

No matter what mood I'm in, when I ride my busa everything flies off my mind except look out I'm riding here! And watch out for the 4,18 wheel enemies.

Back