Beautiful day!!!

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
My schedule and the weather FINALLY cooperated again today and I got to ride. It's probably in the mid to high 50's this afternoon with LOADS of wonderful sunshine. So nice that I think I almost would've called in sick at work if I was scheduled on today. I had tons of stuff to do around the house but I said to hell with it. Just couldn't pass up a riding day in January!

God, it's been so long since I got to ride that I didn't figure Da' Train would even start! I don't have a bettery tender yet so I figured the battery would be dead. The big grin I usually get when I do my first roll on came early today when she fired right off as soon as I hit the starter button! That's my girl. She was ready to ROLL!!! Should have known then that today's ride was gonna be a good one!

I know I don't have to tell you guys how wonderful it was to head out without a destination and just take the curves as they came. No phones, no pagers, no radios, no idiots, no paperwork, just me, Da' Train, and a full tank of gas on a mission from God.
blues.gif
Hehehehehe...

I can't even begin to tell you how pumped I am right now. Hands still slightly shakin' from the small adrenaline dumps along the way, the tunes of that heavenly Hindle still playin' in my head, skin still tinglin' from the chilly breeze at XXX mph, the wonderful aroma of the world that you only get to experience on two wheels still swirlin' in my nose. Damn I love to RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
super.gif

I honestly think today was my most "spiritual" ride yet on the busa. I've rode better roads and went faster, but for some reason me and her just connected on another level today. Every shift, every lean, every squeeze of the brakes was just perfect. Not a single bobble. Not once did I think to myself that I could have executed anything a bit better than I did. No lean or steering adjustments in mid corner, perfect flick overs on the switchbacks, perfect body positioning on every turn, perfect corner entries and exits, just a perfect ride. Can you tell I'm stoked!?!
cool.gif

I just had to share this ride with my friends here. Don't know anyone in real life that I could tell today that would understand. I honestly believe that there's no way to explain this feeling to a non-rider. No way... I know some of you won't get to ride today due to the weather. Rest assured that I had enough fun today to share it with ya. If I could bottle it and ship it to ya I'd damn sure overnight it.
wink.gif

Hope some of you got to ride. Wish everybody could. Hell I wish all of you were here and we could all ride together!
super.gif

Love, peace and axle grease...

Train

super.gif

Isn't it the best BT?! It is nice here in VA today, but I rode in to work with a friend...headed out a lunch time and said "damn, should have rode the Busa in!"

Glad you got to ride...glad you made it back in great spirits!
smile.gif

Isn't it the best BT?!  It is nice here in VA today, but I rode in to work with a friend...headed out a lunch time and said "damn, should have rode the Busa in!"

Glad you got to ride...glad you made it back in great spirits!  
smile.gif
Yep, as crazy as this sounds financially, sometimes I wish I had a job that didn't provide a take home car so I could ride the busa to work.
wink.gif

damn all you southerners...

there isn't any snow anymore here but there is still lots of sand and salt around and I"m not gonna bring my baby out in this stuff...I wish it was warm year round so I can ride...I road my bike to work everyday it didn't rain last summer.
cool.gif

BT that is awesome, I am with you all the way. This is prime riding weather in okinawa. Its too hot in the summer, and rains more then too. With full leathers, around 65-70degrees its perfect! I wish everyone could have this kind of weather. Ive rode every weekend since Thankgiving!

Awesome, BT! I my girlie the same thing, but she can't seem to understand! She's even been trying to "limit" some of my time on my baby, but we can't have that, now can we? Today was awesome weather, but I was stuck in a mtg with some big wigs. There ain't NUTHIN', and I mean NUTHIN', like that feeling ya get when you're scraping some pegs and boots! Ya gots ta smoke a twistie fer me!! Ride on and ride hard!!

beerchug.gif

Glad you got the chance to get out and enjoy your ride.

I'm in the same area as OnAHiABusa, so no riding for me. I actually called State Farm today and suspended the insurance on all 3 bikes for the winter. Saves a little money in the long run, but you can't go out and ride on a nice day.

It was around 28 degrees today, which pathetically felt rather nice. That's sad!

Ride on BT...let us all dream about it.
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

I'm in the same area as OnAHiABusa, so no riding for me.  I actually called State Farm today and suspended the insurance on all 3 bikes for the winter.  Saves a little money in the long run, but you can't go out and ride on a nice day.

It was around 28 degrees today, which pathetically felt rather nice.  That's sad!

biggrin.gif
you must be lucky with your insurance...my insurance company prorates the insurance so 85% of it applies in the months of june,july,and august....

then 10% in april,may,september,and november

then then the last 5 when there is supposed to be snow on the ground.

By cancelling my insurance on my bike in the winter I would save a grand total of $10...... not worth it to me not to have insurance on my baby.

damn smart insurance company
mad.gif

damn all you southerners...

there isn't any snow anymore here but there is still lots of sand and salt around and I"m not gonna bring my baby out in this stuff...I wish it was warm year round so I can ride...I road my bike to work everyday it didn't rain last summer.
cool.gif
Hey man, don't hate the players, hate the game!
laugh.gif
We can't help it that we don't live in frozen Hell.
wink.gif

BT that is awesome, I am with you all the way.  This is prime riding weather in okinawa.  Its too hot in the summer, and rains more then too.  With full leathers, around 65-70degrees its perfect!  I wish everyone could have this kind of weather.  Ive rode every weekend since Thankgiving!
Yeah, in the high 50's and 60's it's nice riding. Glad you're gettin' to ride that thang!
super.gif

Awesome, BT! I my girlie the same thing, but she can't seem to understand! She's even been trying to "limit" some of my time on my baby, but we can't have that, now can we? Today was awesome weather, but I was stuck in a mtg with some big wigs. There ain't NUTHIN', and I mean NUTHIN', like that feeling ya get when you're scraping some pegs and boots! Ya gots ta smoke a twistie fer me!! Ride on and ride hard!!
Time to lose that chick man! I'm with a girl that doesn't ride but so far she hasn't said anything about my riding. I think I can handle a non riding mate as long as she doesn't try to limit my riding. If it comes to that, I'll be "available" again. Life's too short to stop living for ANYONE!
wink.gif

beerchug.gif

I'm in the same area as OnAHiABusa, so no riding for me.  I actually called State Farm today and suspended the insurance on all 3 bikes for the winter.  Saves a little money in the long run, but you can't go out and ride on a nice day.

It was around 28 degrees today, which pathetically felt rather nice.  That's sad!

biggrin.gif
Yeah, it was great! I didn't realize how stressed I was until I got in a good ride and released it all. I feel like a new man! I'm off fri-sat-sun this week. Hopefully I can get in another ride friday to set this kind of mood for the weekend. Doesn't take long for the stress to come back in my profession.
wink.gif

I hear ya on saving the winter insurance money but I couldn't do that unless they'd let me call in and buy a day's worth if it was nice out! Hehehehehehehe... Gotta take it when I can get it. My schedule already robs too much of my riding time.
mad.gif

Excellent writing as usual BT! I always enjoy reading your posts.

Can you believe that we had excellent weather here also. Low 80's during the day, it was 74 degrees at 7:30 when I rode home from my side job. I even took the long way home it was so beautiful. Put 75 miles on Suzie yesterday!

Lovin every minute of it!

Excellent writing as usual BT!  I always enjoy reading your posts.  

Can you believe that we had excellent weather here also.  Low 80's during the day, it was 74 degrees at 7:30 when I rode home from my side job.  I even took the long way home it was so beautiful.  Put 75 miles on Suzie yesterday!

Lovin every minute of it!
Watch out or Pit Bull will mail you a snowball, too. He's already threatened me because I was rubbin' my weather in his face. Hehehehehe...
laugh.gif

Back