Beautiful day for twisties

scottybusa

Donating Member
Registered
The weather was perfect.........decided for a late afternoon ride up the canyon west of Loveland, Colorado. Saw Mountain goats above the river.....fly fisherman in the water.........but the cars were thick. Decided to take a turn towards Drake....................roads were empty except for a few other sport bikers..........it was awesome!!!! Had to slow down for a couple of elk crossing the road.........hit a major hatch of something that made me glad I had my helmet on....had to close the vent below my shield just to keep them from getting sucked into my helmet........................it was glorious. I'm not very good at twisties but it was a lot of fun. Decided to finally turn around and head the other way.........stopped to turn around just in time to see a few slow moving cars heading my way............didn't want to be stuck behind them on an otherwise empty road so tried to push my way back onto the road.............nearly dropped my bike.. ..I was so off balance..........it must have looked hilarious!!!!! I'm not a newbie rider but must have looked like one. Finally managed to nose my way into the lane..........(the road was majorly banked where I decided to turn around)........put the throttle to it and flew back down the mountain. It was glorious!!!!! (did I say that already?) Well it was!!!!!!!! A beautiful day in Colorado...............wish you all could have been here to show me the ropes!
umnik.gif

race.gif

Yeah Bite me man! Just makes me miss home....

I'm the same way, slow in the curves but I still have a blast. Sounds like a great day.

It's always great to read an excellent thread that doesn't end in "Now, I'm lookin' for (insert rashed parts here). Anybody got an extra?".
beerchug.gif

I'm with ya on bein' slow in the twisties but I guarantee I have just as much fun in 'em as everybody else does. I ride at my pace and try to gain experience and confidence each time I go. I believe that smooth breeds fast. I try to be as smooth and controlled as I can be in the corners. I concentrate on feelin' what the bike is doin' and tellin' me and on my input to 'er, not how fast I'm goin'.

There's a saying in combat shooting for people who try to shoot faster than they can smoothly shoot. The saying goes, "You can't miss fast enough to win a gunfight.". Well, you can't crash fast enough to beat the other riders to the top or bottom of the mountain first either.
biggrin.gif

So, I ride my own ride at my own pace and NEVER feel like I have anything to be ashamed of or anything to prove. There will ALWAYS be someone faster so it ain't like I'm out there defendin' my title as MOTO GP King of the World.
wink.gif
As long as I have fun and don't crash, I don't care who gets there first.

That's ridin' on the street... Now, if we line up at the drag strip I'm gonna make every effort to hand you your ass! Hehehehehehehe...
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083592597 -->

biggrin.gif

Way to go Scotty!

Glad you didn't crash!

Myself, I love the twisties! The faster the better! Wouldn't even need the middle of the tire if it weren't for riding to work!
laugh.gif

It's always great to read an excellent thread that doesn't end in "Now, I'm lookin' for (insert rashed parts here). Anybody got an extra?".
beerchug.gif

I'm with ya on bein' slow in the twisties but I guarantee I have just as much fun in 'em as everybody else does. I ride at my pace and try to gain experience and confidence each time I go. I believe that smooth breeds fast. I try to be as smooth and controlled as I can be in the corners. I concentrate on feelin' what the bike is doin' and tellin' me and on my input to 'er, not how fast I'm goin'.

There's a saying in combat shooting for people who try to shoot faster than they can smoothly shoot. The saying goes, "You can't miss fast enough to win a gunfight.". Well, you can't crash fast enough to beat the other riders to the top or bottom of the mountain first either.
biggrin.gif

So, I ride my own ride at my own pace and NEVER feel like I have anything to be ashamed of or anything to prove. There will ALWAYS be someone faster so it ain't like I'm out there defendin' my title as MOTO GP King of the World.
wink.gif

That's ridin' on the street... Now, if we line up at the drag strip I'm gonna make every effort to hand you your ass! Hehehehehehehe...
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
This has got to be some of the wisest words I've seen on the board yet!  My compliments on stating the situation clearly, BulletTrain!  We are all out to have fun!!!  Who cares who gets to the next stop sign fastest!!!  Ride it smooth, learn how it feels, and revel in being alive to enjoy the day!!!!!

wink.gif

RC51 Guy

biggrin.gif

wink.gif

beerchug.gif

biggrin.gif

wink.gif

laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
This has got to be some of the wisest words I've seen on the board yet!  My compliments on stating the situation clearly, BulletTrain!  We are all out to have fun!!!  Who cares who gets to the next stop sign fastest!!!  Ride it smooth, learn how it feels, and revel in being alive to enjoy the day!!!!!

wink.gif

RC51 Guy
Thanks RC51Guy.
beerchug.gif

biggrin.gif

wink.gif

beerchug.gif

Slow is relative, take your time, and work on control and smoothness. The speed will come later.
smile.gif

Back