Be honest now.

Here's more info for your decision making. This was picked off the ZX-11 site.

"Tman
Sorry for the anon posting but I have to protect my sources. My buddy, who works for a major motorcycle magazine in S. Calfornia, called last nite and told me he met the ZX-12 in the flesh metal? down at Kawasaki hq in Irvine, where the bike is currently being photographed for promo literature. He said it looks a lot better in person than in the pictures, kinda like the Hayabusa. Said it WILL be available in Team Green, and that it feels about 50 lbs lighter than the CBR-XX and Busa from just pushing it around. Also, it DOES have a 200 rear tire, the first production bike to wear the big skin."

Everyone knows that talk is cheap. I must admit that I was a bit skeptical of the Busa's hype before it arrived. The truth is, that it backed it up. No one knows what the ZX12 will be like untill it is released. What I do know is that if it plans to beat my Busa, it has a hell of a job ahead of it. My Suzuki representative told me that the only changes for the Busa in y2k were the colors.

Thanks for the replies. Its nice to know that not everyone here thinks that they are untouchable. I agree with Mark on his last post. I dont think that suzuki is going to change squat for 2000. I have never seen a manufacturer change a winning combo because of a "threat" of a better performing product. If the zx-12 beats the bus in 2000 maybe they will jack up the HP in 2001 to get back the crown, but I think the 12 will need to prove that it can hang first. Plus, I have yet to hear anything official from anywhere that suzuki is changing the bus. By the way, bravo to Frank for wanting to clean up the trash on this site.

Yes, but by how much, the faster the top speed you need a lot more ponies. The Kawasaki I believe has ten more ponies than the busa, and is going to be a little lighter. I would geuss top speed to be less than 200mph from a stock bike, I would guess 197mph top speed.

TeamBusa - If the ZX-12 is supposed to have the same or more HP, AND it will be lighter, AND Kaw does know how to do aerodynamics, AND a stock Busa will do 200 MPH, why do you doubt that the 12 will not exceed 200 ??

ummmm ok here goes. Yep the Kow will be marginally faster. And although we all know the other Japanese bikes aren't gonna be faster soon, I predict that the Nemesis will be for real. Nope not gonna see a lot of them, but they will be out there as pricey as they are. For those who got the bucks, will have the bragging rights. Now I wonder if they will be able to get it to leak oil like the old brit Nortons?

At the risk of over simplifying, to double the speed at over about 160 mph, you need to
square the horsepower. So to go from 194 mph
to 201 mph will take an additional 35 horsepower. Kawasaki doesn't have it. Their motor is already over stressed. Not that
this is bad. Just no extra "production" HP.

ducmanic
Los Angeles

Back