BAZZAZ QS4 for Great White

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
Great White received an install last night by my son. I just went and tested it out and man... smooth as butter. I guess I'll have to have one for the old man. Very nice upgrade. I'm impressed. They little hang out has come a long ways and enjoy seeing these boys with good friends and watching each others backs.
Bazzaz QS4 1.jpg
Bazzaz QS4 2.jpg
Bazzaz QS4 3.jpg
Bazzaz QS4 4.jpg
Bazzaz QS4 5.jpg
Bazzaz QS4 6.jpg
Bazzaz QS4 7.jpg
Bazzaz QS4 8.jpg

Its a QS4 stand alone system. No fuel management or anything else. I'm not really sure without going online and looking what a full system is? Its a $500 unit and I like the heck out of it. I kind of wish it was an auto blip as well but only up shift. I suppose I'll get one as well this winter. Cody just left here with his... same kit for Ruby. We all three may as well do it.

Is that a stand alone QS or does he have the full Bazzaz system too?

I have Bazzaz ZFi, O2 Eliminator and ZFM system in mine and they work great, I also have a Logitech quick shifter with auto blip...it is a great thing not using the clutch or moving the throttle while shifting, the bike gathers speed very, very quickly using it.

It's great you are able to have this experience with your sons...

Thanks for the input Bumblebee. I'll research all that and I'm sure I would like a auto blip and maybe out do the boys. Ha

I have Bazzaz ZFi, O2 Eliminator and ZFM system in mine and they work great, I also have a Logitech quick shifter with auto blip...it is a great thing not using the clutch or moving the throttle while shifting, the bike gathers speed very, very quickly using it.

QS? quick shifter?

according to the most recent experiences from the german forum (see pictures) I strongly advise against it!

the pictures were taken after massive shifting problems from a ´10 gen2 after a total milage of only 25,000 km with a QS.
no more chance to shift up to 6th or down to 2nd (and so to 1st caused by 2nd)!

the busa's transmission / gearbox is not designed for this and acknowledges this type of abuse with expensive repair costs.
no matter if gen1 or gen2 - both "equal" constructed.

-2.Gang%20Ritzel_Nr.21_mit_Gleitlager-Buchse_Nr.22.jpg

4.Gang%20%20Doppelritzel_Nr.3.jpg

5.Gang%20Ritzel_Nr.4.jpg

6.Gang%20Ritzel_Nr.6.jpg

and the cams on the gear "X" (fiche) were just as worn out -> scrap

Bild_2.jpg

this all for eventually 1/10 second of faster shifting on street?????

at race track, 1/8 or 1/4 mi and fighting for 1/1,000 sec , seems to be ok - the other costs are so very high , that ...

but on street????

NEVER i would use the QS.

Last edited:

There's a autoblip for the Busa? How does it work and nice we don't have electronic throttle body?

There's a autoblip for the Busa? How does it work and nice we don't have electronic throttle body?
The QS I have has the auto blip, it is a slick unit...the bike shifts perfectly (except 1st to 2nd and 5th to 6th sometimes).
If I use the clutch it will pop between shifts which is sometimes kind of cool.. I normally use the clutch at lower rpms as the QS likes higher rpms.

I called it a "Logitech" in a an earlier post for some reason...it's a "Translogic Intellishift" unit

Here's a link to their site: Translogic Products: Quickshifter Systems, Powershifters and Throttle Blippers

Ich habe vor Tagen mit meinem Sohn über Bedenken hinsichtlich Übertragungsschäden gesprochen. Wenn ich auf seiner Straße bin, ist es glatt, aber dann bin ich ... Ich bin ein glatter Fahrer und keiner, der darauf hämmert. Er trifft es mit Freunden und so und ich würde sagen, wird dies irgendwann begegnen. Ich schätze dich Berlin.

and

if you get the same scrap (see pics above) with your trans,
the repair (at an off. shop) will reach the 2K bucks limit very fast.
spare parts (here at us) only around 1K

sorry in advance,
but how stupid would i be, if i would use a QS at my busa for street use? shi7 on the qs / fuggit. damn.

A logitech... cause you must be a Logitech user like me... typing on it now. Ha I appreciate the link Bubblebee and will consider this if I dare to since Berlin posted up on his info. Worried a bit for sure.

The QS I have has the auto blip, it is a slick unit...the bike shifts perfectly (except 1st to 2nd and 5th to 6th sometimes).
If I use the clutch it will pop between shifts which is sometimes kind of cool.. I normally use the clutch at lower rpms as the QS likes higher rpms.

I called it a "Logitech" in a an earlier post for some reason...it's a "Translogic Intellishift" unit

Here's a link to their site: Translogic Products: Quickshifter Systems, Powershifters and Throttle Blippers

A logitech... cause you must be a Logitech user like me... typing on it now. Ha I appreciate the link Bubblebee and will consider this if I dare to since Berlin posted up on his info. Worried a bit for sure.
My bike has had this shifter on it for some time with ZERO issues...I know many other people who uses quick shifters with ZERO issues....I wouldn't lose too much sleep over using one.

Cody's Ruby went into the shot today for a Bazzaz install and professional ECU full tune. Can't wait and this guy is local.... late 30's and I think age is a factor.. not a squid. He was with a professional race team for a long time but decided to do his own business and start a family from what I understand. I can't wait to see the results. https://www.facebook.com/ninjatechmotorsports/

My bike has had this shifter on it for some time with ZERO issues...I know many other people who uses quick shifters with ZERO issues....I wouldn't lose too much sleep over using one.

I use same this QS.
For me , Necessary for fun and smooth ride in twisty :D
But I dont use QS for town ride.

FYI, if install this QS when need to care for below.

1, GND point from battery. if GND come from engine block or cam cover when will come signal noise problem.
2, Need to care for chain tension more than stock. this is for smooth QS shift.
3, Dont use QS function in low RPM and less middle throttle open.

Im care for check metal contamination when every oil change, but looking like no problem until now:)

Using this QS video:

My install (with rear set foot rest):

IMG_5113.jpg

I have all of that and I could not get it to work. I am going to try again on my 09 Busa. Do you have some tips?

Back