Great White Carbon Fiber Upgrades

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
Received today, the Great White is going to have new Carbon Fiber upgrades. As well he bought new fairings since they had a few rock chips. Having those clear wrapped for protection and she will be like new again. Never new she has been down anyways. But I get it... they are like me and like shinny stuff. Picks to come after installation.

Still no Akro for Ruby as they are delayed from all the poop show going on the in country I suppose.

Carbon Fiber for Great White 1.jpg

Carbon Fiber for Great White  2.jpg

Carbon Fiber for Great White 3.jpg

Received today, the Great White is going to have new Carbon Fiber upgrades. As well he bought new fairings since they had a few rock chips. Having those clear wrapped for protection and she will be like new again. Never new she has been down anyways. But I get it... they are like me and like shinny stuff. Picks to come after installation.

Still no Akro for Ruby as they are delayed from all the poop show going on the in country I suppose.

View attachment 1620653

View attachment 1620654

View attachment 1620655
Those are awesome, I didn't realize there was any issues with the fairings that weren't fixed after the accident. I hope he isn't just replacing them because of a few chips in the paint cause I know there's a lot of other mods that money could be better spent on.

Oh sweet. I have been thinking of doing a similar look with sides and gauge cluster. Let us know if you had any fitment issues. Gonna look amazing!

Great Whites last two pieces of the four piece fairings went to his friend today for the clear wrap. So, very soon he is going to put all this together and I'll get info on whom the manufacture was on his carbon. I'm thinking it will be a beautiful upgrade.

Well, I think most may have new the outcome of this would be... no go! Poor fitment and I mean poor. No pictures as I don't have anyone and wasn't present when he took those of Great White. One tab broke while installing and one broke while removing them. Already on their way back as of yesterday and happy they are fully working with him "full refund" from fitment/broken photo's he provided the company. New fairings fully clear wrapped look very nice and protecting that paint. Good to go.

I had the same experience with mine CF fairing inners from Motocomposites. I think I can make them work but the fit is not good. Here is my analysis:

1. CF is a lot stiffer than plastic so it does not give with the panels as you put them on the bike. The CF was molded on OEM pieces so that's the shape, but those parts actually bend as you put them on the bike and the CF does not like to bend.

2. Since the CF is molded by laying it up on the original parts, it is ever so slightly bigger than the OEM parts making the fit more difficult.

3. The various tabs on the OEM plastic need to flex and bend to get parts installed and CF ones don't flex. Also many of the tabs on the CF parts are added with epoxy after the CF part is done. This is a hand process and the quality control is dubious at best in my experience. That's probably why some parts fit fine and others don't fit at all.

I got frustrated with mine and just tacked it on and decided it will be a later project to get it fitting acceptably. The Blue CF is stunningly beautiful but I certainly feel your pain. I wonder if the fiberglass parts with a thin layer of CF might actually be a better application for this?

Exactly right Fallenarch, we discussed it and new there was no flex and that was the problem. You know we can work on our Busa and I was afraid the company would indicated he/we done it. Not the case at all. Although they may be beautiful, these companies should just advertise the fitment is an issue to maybe saver others the hassle.
I think your last statement would be a go. Full CF will never work.

I had the same experience with mine CF fairing inners from Motocomposites. I think I can make them work but the fit is not good. Here is my analysis:

1. CF is a lot stiffer than plastic so it does not give with the panels as you put them on the bike. The CF was molded on OEM pieces so that's the shape, but those parts actually bend as you put them on the bike and the CF does not like to bend.

2. Since the CF is molded by laying it up on the original parts, it is ever so slightly bigger than the OEM parts making the fit more difficult.

3. The various tabs on the OEM plastic need to flex and bend to get parts installed and CF ones don't flex. Also many of the tabs on the CF parts are added with epoxy after the CF part is done. This is a hand process and the quality control is dubious at best in my experience. That's probably why some parts fit fine and others don't fit at all.

I got frustrated with mine and just tacked it on and decided it will be a later project to get it fitting acceptably. The Blue CF is stunningly beautiful but I certainly feel your pain. I wonder if the fiberglass parts with a thin layer of CF might actually be a better application for this?

It also depends how many parts have been made from that mold, no doubt over time slag would build and essentially make the parts unusable.

I’m running the Magical Racing 3 Piece kit which is full carbon and yeah didn’t have much flex but went on perfectly. A tad expensive but well worth it for quality and fitment.
Where did you buy it?

Back