Bazzaz Issue No 2nd Injectors

8secBusa

Registered
Guys, I just started having an issue with my bike that has a new Bazzaz box on it. It was dynoed a few weeks ago and all worked well. I went to dyno it yesterday and from 7500 on the bike went dead lean. I didn't take it past 8000rpm as the af ratio skyrocketed. I assume its the 2nd injectors not firing. I checked all connections, haven't found anything wrong. It in frquently put out code C37, which is the 2nd injectors. We ohm tested them and found no issues.

I search the archives and haven't found this issue discussed in the past. Unfortunately Bazzaz is closed until Monday, was trying to solve my self before taking back to the shop.

Any thoughts?

Sounds like the bazzaz brain went bad... I had one go bad on me. mine would flood my bike like the injectors were stuck open. Bazzaz replaced my unit and haven't had any issues yet..

Thanks. Didn't want to, but looks like I got go back to Greg, i think he has a spare to try.

I would hate for it to be something else and we fry two Bazzaz units. Did you ever install that second battery? Have you ruled out MR9 wows with the secondaries?

Last edited:
No electrical changes. Haven't added a bateery or anything just yet. Actually was going to wait to get prices of those "hot shot" units you use.

Really was trying to avoid coming back out there for anything simple or obvious. But, I am somewhat out of ideas at this point.

Do you think it would be odd to now have issues related to MR9? 1/2 tank or so of pump gas has been through the system?

No electrical changes. Haven't added a bateery or anything just yet. Actually was going to wait to get prices of those "hot shot" units you use.

Really was trying to avoid coming back out there for anything simple or obvious. But, I am somewhat out of ideas at this point.

Do you think it would be odd to now have issues related to MR9? 1/2 tank or so of pump gas has been through the system?
I gave up on odd a while ago. I just know MR9 sat in the upper fuel rail for a while and it may just now be rearing its head. No worries come on out I am certain I will find the problem. :beerchug:

Test the injector circuit first before plugging another controller in. The right way to test the secondary injectors and thier drive circuit is to put an occiliscope on the leads and verify the frequency and pulse width of the injector at 8k. You can also put a digital volt meter across to see if there is intermittent voltage firing them off. The volt meter will swing around like crazy, but will show its firing. Simply rev the motor to 8k briefly and watch for pulse. If its pulsing, then its probably plugged injectors. If you have a datalogger, you can move the rpm input of your logger to the upper injector wires and watch the frequency of the pulse as well. Good luck.

My guess is one or multiple pins on the secondary injectors popped out or just aren't connected. I had the same issue when I installed mine and got the same error code. If you don't have the pins perfectly lined up it will push/force them down and won't contact the male into the female end.

I thought I got them all but when we made dyno pulls the bike nosed over when the secondaries came on. Checked and saw that two of the plugs weren't connected. It's a minor issue but something you have to watch for and be careful of when installing the Bazzaz... :beerchug:

Test the injector circuit first before plugging another controller in. The right way to test the secondary injectors and thier drive circuit is to put an occiliscope on the leads and verify the frequency and pulse width of the injector at 8k. You can also put a digital volt meter across to see if there is intermittent voltage firing them off. The volt meter will swing around like crazy, but will show its firing. Simply rev the motor to 8k briefly and watch for pulse. If its pulsing, then its probably plugged injectors. If you have a datalogger, you can move the rpm input of your logger to the upper injector wires and watch the frequency of the pulse as well. Good luck.
8sec I assumed your guy did all these test at his shop and all the connections were checked. Do you have a new disposition? Or are you still coming up?

get it figured out? If you end up needing a new one and want to consider using ECU flashing so you don't rely on external hardware let me know will make you a nice deal.

Something new with ecu flashing is the ability to control the secondary throttle plates and how they come in, as well as fueling, ignition, secondary map for nos if desired, ecu as kill box, remove governor, increase rev limiter, etc etc

Good luck getting her all sorted out, hope she is fine :)

Greg

get it figured out? If you end up needing a new one and want to consider using ECU flashing so you don't rely on external hardware let me know will make you a nice deal.

Something new with ecu flashing is the ability to control the secondary throttle plates and how they come in, as well as fueling, ignition, secondary map for nos if desired, ecu as kill box, remove governor, increase rev limiter, etc etc

Good luck getting her all sorted out, hope she is fine :)

Greg

I just down loaded the software...if he wants to I am game.

Back