Baxley SportChoc

ks-waterbug
The Bug is Back...

Group: Donating Member
Avg posts/day:4.84

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: 06/22/05

Still waiting on Baxley.... They don't seem to move very fast. Every question has always been followed by a long long wait for response! Not what the bug would expect from a business poised to sell 60+ chocks......  [/QUOTE]

Who you telln
laugh.gif

I'm on your heels, Sonny.  Hopefully I will have somthing finalized by Fri on the my throttlemiester group buy.  Good luck on your group buy and I hope you hear somthing soon.

TY

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119506415 -->

And Condor's deal is...? Bro i don't care which one we get. My limited knowledge says either would be fine. For those that prefer the Baxley I would appreciate you sharing your reasoning so that I may make a better informed decision. I saw a Condor in use at a local Bike night and it looked solid and well planted resting on asphalt with no lagging. Please post up any reservations you may have or what makes the Baxley better
KS...thanks for your dedication on this stand group buy.

Please post up any reservations you may have or what makes the Baxley better
KS...thanks for your dedication on this stand group buy.
I initially had reservations about the Condor. After looking at everything, I really don’t see any major problems with the Condor used for a garage or pit stand. However for towing, I do have some concerns.

1)Because the front stop plate folds flat for storage, how strong is it for towing? What happens as it gets a bit of wear on the pivot pin and holes from the not-so-smooth trailer rides? With wear, the front stop plate could move a bit further forward. Will it still hold as good?

2)I like the idea of the upper shoe being adjustable on the Baxley. It has a deep setting to add additional stability for towing. Put it in the shallow position for the garage or track.

3)The trailer adapter kit appears to be a bit tall (hard to tell from the pictures) compared to the more flush looking mount on the Baxley. When the stand is removed, the Baxley hardware looks like it would be less of an obstacle.

On the other hand, if it is taking this long to get a response from Baxley on questions, how long is it going to take to deliver the product?

And KS, I too thank you!

I've personally never seen either chock... My experience has been solely based on input from the group buy folks! I figure I'd give Baxley until Friday and I'd look to move on the Condor chock. To me a company's reputation is only as good as thier word. In this case Condor has been VERY reponsive and Baxley not so....

Update 6/23/05
Ok, here's the skinny....
After several weeks of wrangling with the owners of Baxley sport chock they finally hooked up one of our Hayabusa board locals by making them an official dealer! Thats the goodnews; Now for the bad news! The volumn is to low to get anything better than $205 each + shipping! But, it doesn't end there. I want to give a special shout out to Charles at Streetntrack who tried along with my self to make this thing happen! He put alot of work into this project and we both came up empty! So with that said I had to move forward and try and save some more money.... Currently, I'm in contact with a high volumn dealer who carries the "Condor" and can meet some of the pricing constraints we originally had in place..... AND he is going to look into becoming a Baxley dealer! He is very interested in supporting a group buy! So, I plan on posting OUR group buy prices for all of the Condor products asap and within the next three weeks hopefully some group prices on the Baxley set-up! As you all know, Baxley doesn't move very fast! I will stay on top of this and keep this site in the loop.........Ks

Ks, What would we do with out you man! I cant belive the time and effort you put into these things. If there is ever any way I could make it up to you just ask!!!

Im keeping your family in my heart and mind and if there is ever any thing you need just ask.

Josh

Thanks KS, you truly are "Da Man". Its great to meet folks who are so dedicated to helping their fellow riders...restores some of my lost faith in people
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

PS-from the pics Ive seen I was waiting for the Baxley cause' it looks a little more secure for trailering bikes with just tiedowns and no bolting things to the floor. Any feedback is very welcomed.....:;):

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Thanks KS, you truly are "Da Man". Its great to meet folks who are so dedicated to helping their fellow riders...restores some of my lost faith in people
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

PS-from the pics Ive seen I was waiting for the Baxley cause' it looks a little more secure for trailering bikes with just tiedowns and no bolting things to the floor. Any feedback is very welcomed.....:;):
Yes it is a solid piece, but that is only because it is NON-adjustable... Meaning it can't be used with any other size tire then the one you purchase it for. I should have group buy prices on Baxley in about three weeks. I'll keep everyone posted as things develope........

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Ks going to be gone from the board for about 4 days..... Happy 4th of July to everyone.

So post here if you need anything.....

Yes, I should be posting something after the Meet-N-Greet! I'm about 95% sure we've got a hook-up for this chock at a group price.....

I'm in...saw one in person last night, it was the one for cruisers. Slick as snot!! I really need one right now for the trip out to Copper. Guess I'll just have to use about ten straps.

Back