Battery Tender......

(GSXTacy @ Feb. 03 2007,17:35) I have the battery tender JR.  My bike is in the house nice and toasty so I dont start it. Should I leave the tender on all the time?
it certainly isn't going to hurt your battery as long as it's an automatic charger. It'll charge until the battery is at full charge, then shut off and monitor the charge level until it starts to drop. Then, it'll go back to charge cycle. I've ALWAYS had one of these on my bike, and the plug in works nicely. I routed mine down and back from under the seat so the plug hangs up under the passenger's right side footpeg. You can't see it, but it's easy to get to.

(hooken203 @ Feb. 04 2007,17:44) I leave mine on all winter. I keep them on my boat batteries all winter also. Do you know what the out put amps are on that unit?
Now I see it on the box 1.25 amps.
depending on the model you get, they go from .75 amps up to 1.5 amps. Either should be safe for the battery on your bike - the 1.5 will just charge faster than the .75, but unless you have an electrical problem, that shouldn't be an issue.

Try my mod in the "mods" section when you get a chance
beerchug.gif

Back