Battery Tender......

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
Well, after having owned bikes of some sort for more than 15 years, I've never removed or charged the battery over winter storage.  Generally I've had no issues, but the Busa with the alarm, even though not active, kills the Busa if left to sit for any period of time.  I've already replaced the battery once and currently it's sitting dead again.

I've seen in the back of the classifieds in Cycle World an advertisment for a Twin Bank Battery Charger from Deltran, though I've been unsuccessful in locating one.  That was until last weekend at the IMS show in Cleveland.  I guess they just released them in December but CW as been advertising far longer than that.

So, nothing special, just a quick gator clip hook up for now as it's 16 Degree's here now and the garage is not heated.  The pics suck because of the cold also I guess, but here's just a few.

Box
IMG_1603.jpg

Battery Tender with gator Clamps and Permanent post clamps.
IMG_1607.jpg

Different view
IMG_1608.jpg

Bikes as they sit in the Garage and the reason a Twin Bank Charger will work great for me.
IMG_1609.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

Installed using Gator clips until it gets warmer.
IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1612.jpg

Once it gets warmer I'll mount the charger on the wall and find a hidden away place for the permanent post adapters, but for now............I'm Happy.

I have mine hooked up on a regular basis in the winter, just don't ride much when its 25 out. I have it hooked up with the plugs, much easier, just spend the 10 minutes and do it.

I just bought a unit that does 4 batteries (4 bank) for my Dad. It works great to keep all the toys charged...

These are great, I have three. Battery Tender Jr. for the Road King, 6v Battery Tender for the Panhead and one for the 'Busa. Thank goodness I had lots of outlets put in the garage (even two in the ceiling). Great investment, your batteries will last for years!

I have the battery tender JR. My bike is in the house nice and toasty so I dont start it. Should I leave the tender on all the time?

Thanks Guys, like I said, I'll get it tucked away properly once it gets a bit warmer.

I purchased mine a couple years ago from Street-n-Track when they had a sale going. One of the best accessories I've ever purchased for Kennedy. A definite "must-buy"

I've been using them for years, and since I started, I really haven't had any battery problems.

I leave mine on all winter. I keep them on my boat batteries all winter also. Do you know what the out put amps are on that unit?
Now I see it on the box 1.25 amps.

hook up the quick disconnects to the battery. easier to just plug it in that way instead of taking the seat off everytime you want to charge the batteries...

Back