Battery suggestions

CYCLEERIC

Biker Man
Donating Member
Registered
After 5 full years and high compression engine for the past 1.5 years my battery finally gave up yesterday on a big Toy Run. I was a little embarrased with all the Hardley Davidson's but oh well I guess it had to come at some point. A few weeks ago I hard wired my Garmin GPS and the EXO2 heated jacket. A bit of slow riding yesterday with all accessories running and when we were getting ready to roll out of the 3rd stop my 03 Busa wouldnt start and had to push it off.

What do you guys reccommend for a replacement battery with a little more cranking amps but still small enough to fit into my stock battery box?

I've been looking at a better battery myself, and haven't been able to locate one as of yet. and fyi, more CCA's is what you need. you need a battery with a higher reserve. CCA's are only what the battery is rated to put out at 0 degrees F, the reserve is how long the battery will hold up to light draws without major recharge.

Hell I don't know what kind of battery it is but I do know mines is a yuasa?...It's like 235CCA?

I know it's a little more then stock, little taller too but it fits just fine with the seat in place.

YTZ14S That's the battery number. Had to look it up. Works a treat! Havn't had any problems whatsoever.

YTZ14S is the one that you want...should be listed @ 230 CCA :thumbsup:

just realized i mistyped.......CCA'S ISN'T what you need......higher reserve capacity

Got the YTZ14S today and will be installing this weekend

IMG_3526.jpg

You may want to check out this site.

Fast by Gast Pro Battery & Yuasa Mainteance Free Battery

They have a hayabusa gel battery with 380CCA. Supposedly fits stock tray.

I have not had any experience with this battery but I do plan on giving it a shot in a few months time when I do my next round of upgrades.

Sorry it requires a seat shaving to make it fit. I still just might give it a shot.

Last edited:
Back