Rewiring battery/starter

Just got all my stuff to do this :thumbsup:

14 bucks for my terminals, shipping cluded. Ended up buying 8 in a set.
15 bucks for good Stinger 4 gauge wire. (6 ft)

So just under 30 bucks for this mod
Thanks for the inspiration to do it :beerchug:

Post up some pictures to this thread or make your own thread and put a link here. This is something that may become pinned at the top as it seems to be a cheap and easy way to make your Hayabusa more reliable.

I know I am going to do this as I was planning to buy one of those 380 CCA batteries anyway.

Alright. if they come before this weekend ill post one up on a how to do. Im taking all the plasitcs off for paint this weekend so im knocking out the 2nd fan mod and the LED flasher mod too :thumbsup:

if anyone is still looking for the wire and connectors i work at a car audio place and even i think that 4 ga wire is over priced but i got some from a welding supply place and it was cheaper and better quality than some of the stinger stuff

what's the strand count?
if anyone is still looking for the wire and connectors i work at a car audio place and even i think that 4 ga wire is over priced but i got some from a welding supply place and it was cheaper and better quality than some of the stinger stuff

i just did mine tonight with 4 ga wire and gold plated connectors i got from a car audio place near me and i can confirm that this works wonders even with a stock battery. i am amazed how much better she cranks and i have a 1397 kit on her and it works like a champ. i was considering purchasing one of those batteries with the higher cca or adding a second battery but after this i dont think it is necessary. total cost around 30 bucks. for all those with the slow starting probs or a big bore kit i would definately recommend doing this.

:thumbsup: Did this a while back here a pic of mine

DSC07996.jpg

Are your bikes still cranking as they should? Found everything needed on ebay for this mod hoping it'll work.

Standard with full yoshimura, pc3 and kn filter. It's been working fine since i replaced the starter clutch 2 months ago but now it's back again but without kickbacks so far.

I ended up getting the Lithium 380 CCA battery, but not doing the upgrade to the wiring. The bike starts quickly every time and I am very happy with the battery so far. Even over the winter last year it sat for a couple of months without a tender on it and fired right up.

Very pleased with the battery and it provided a bit more room in the battery box for accessories.

Back