Batt. hot. Nothing happens when key is turned on.

I did not realize the battery was low on my 2006 Hayabusa. The headlight appeared to shine brightly and the guages all rolled over and back. When I hit the starter the engine barely rolled over then there was a small "pop" sound like when a fuse pops. The lights went out and the guages do not move. I trickle charged the battery, but nothing happens when the key is turned on. Any ideas?
PS: Bike only has 2600 miles on the clock.

I did not realize the battery was low on my 2006 Hayabusa. The headlight appeared to shine brightly and the guages all rolled over and back. When I hit the starter the engine barely rolled over then there was a small "pop" sound like when a fuse pops. The lights went out and the guages do not move. I trickle charged the battery, but nothing happens when the key is turned on. Any ideas?
PS: Bike only has 2600 miles on the clock.

This thread MIGHT help solve your problem! Welcome to the Org.!!:welcome:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/busa...-busa-problem.html?highlight=bike+won't+start

Sounds like the ignition fuse blew, but a low battery would not always cause that fuse to blow. At least it never has blown on my 05. Check under the left side clip on under the inner panel. Welcome to the oRg. :beerchug:

A low battery WILL cause a fuse to blow. As voltage drops resistance rises.
Check the battery for voltage, charge it, if it gets very warm, it may have shorted plates. If it does get hot, get rid of it and get a new one. Don't charge it over 1-2 amps for 3-4 hours and watch it during that time, checking that it does not overheat.

Back