Turn signal stay on

Tippmen

Registered
Hi, my turn signal is alway ON and the headlight not gos on. this happen when my bike run or not, just turn le key ON.

Any idea ?

Thx

This is definitely a new one for me.....

Sounds like something is crossed up in the wiring....

Please provide a little more details on your bike.

Generation of bike
How old is the battery
Where was the bike stored? could a furry beastie got in there and gnawed a few wires?
Has there been any mods to the lighting
Do the signal lights flash or are they on
Is the tail light on

This is definitely a new one for me.....

Sounds like something is crossed up in the wiring....

Please provide a little more details on your bike.

Generation of bike
How old is the battery
Where was the bike stored? could a furry beastie got in there and gnawed a few wires?
Has there been any mods to the lighting
Do the signal lights flash or are they on
Is the tail light on
My bike is a 2008 busa
battery a bit old, but start find.
bike stored in a garage
No mod on light
the signal light stay on and the tail light to.

IMG_1949.JPG

Hopefully you have an owners' manual...you will need to check the relay for the signal lights, I'd say it's cooked....

Will the signal lights flash when you use the switch? Do the 4 ways work?

Does the high beam come on?

The signal light flash juste a little bit, like on/ON.

the high beam never come on
Does the dash light up?

Was all this working fine when the bike was stored?

What is the voltage of the battery at rest? it should be over 12v.

The signal lights sound like a relay which is crapping the bed-it can be tested. As for the headlight being off and the tail light being on, that is an odd one....if it was a headlight relay, it would normally affect the tail light unless the headlight relay is a two in one.

You need to start doing an electrical diagnostic to see where the power is in your system.

This plug is only for the light and the black one is the main 0 volt. So i hope its only a lose connection between the wire/plug/pin.

Last edited:
This plug is only for the light and the black one is the main 0 volt. So i hope its only a lose connection between the wire/plug/pin.
Yes, looks like that burnt terminal in that block is a ground wire . . most likely a loose connection at the terminal causing high resistance in the circuit, specifically at that terminal . . high resistance = heat and what you see there is the result of heat.
Good find with the connector plug . . . but the symptoms (the blinker staying lit, and I gaurantee it was dimly lit, and the lights not working) are typical of a bad ground on the particular circuit with the current back-feeding to find the path of least resistance through the blinker.
you can cut the black wire on both sides of the connector and by-pass the burnt terminal, then solder or use another joiner to connect the black ground wires.

Back