Headlight/Front Turn Signals not working.

cloead

Registered
Just got a new busa, and one of the issues it has is the headlight and front turn signals do not work. The switches light up the lights on the dash, but nothing happens on the front of the bike.

Any ideas on what would cause this? I checked the bulbs and they arent burnt out or anything.

My buddy's 08 had the same problem. It seems that he had a burned out 5 watt marker lamp, and his right turn signal. It completely disabled his low-beam, front turn signals, and marker lights. The first thing we suspected was a fuse, but upon further inspection, found the lights wired in series, which explained the problem.

Short answer, check your bulbs.

Its according on how new.Still under warranty ,take to shop and let them worry about it.If not,you could start by isolating the wiring,sounds like I would start at the switch to the headlight.multimeter would be idea,when switched on, not running,check for voltage at the bulbs.Dont know if these bikes have fuses,more then likely,check them all first.If the bike is old but new to you,I have read around here about people doing headlight/turnsignal mods so as to switch them on and off while bike is running.If you bought it from someone, maybe they did it to that one.In that case, check around through search tool for headlight mods and you may be able to reverse the mod or locate the source of the problem,ie..a switch somewhere.At any rate some one here more knowledgable then I,will give you some better advice.Learning new stuff everyday about these bikes myself.
Hope that helps,
Whiteboy06

Check the fuses in the black fuse box under the left cockpit trim. If they are blown, check for a short somewhere where. Maybe the jacket on one of your wires broken and rubbing against ground. I busted my tail light one time and it shorted and took out the guages on the dash. It still ran and got me home to fix it though. Good luck and hope it is nothing too serious!

Back