Bad dealings with Silvio @ alliedbarter

BT try http://www.ccpperformance.com/

had VERY VERY good dealings with chris from ccp.  Decent price also.
biggrin.gif
Thanks for the heads up but I already ordered from Second Look. SL was $4 cheaper and also included shipping in the price (like ccp does). I think I'm covered as long as SL doesn't gimp out on me. I don't think they will.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Maybe I got lucky, but I ordered my first TG tail direct from EG and only paid the 249....no shipping, customs, tax, just 249 OTD.  I ordered the second one through Silvio based on recomendations from here....paid 229 otd but was missing rivets for the plate bracket, and was 3 or 4 days later than promised. Not terrible service, but not great, either.
EG quoted me $250 + $21 customs fee and said I'd be better off going through Silvio. That's when I told them that I'd use another brand undertail before I bought from him at this point. Didn't seem to phase them at all. I figure they were just tryin' to avoid cuttin' a distributor's throat. Can't really blame them, but if I owned a company and was told that a customer would buy another manufacturer's product before they use one of my distributors I'd either redirect them to a list of other distributors or hook 'em up right to solve the problem. Oh well...

Maybe I got lucky, but I ordered my first TG tail direct from EG and only paid the 249....no shipping, customs, tax, just 249 OTD.  I ordered the second one through Silvio based on recomendations from here....paid 229 otd but was missing rivets for the plate bracket, and was 3 or 4 days later than promised. Not terrible service, but not great, either.
EG quoted me $250 + $21 customs fee and said I'd be better off going through Silvio. That's when I told them that I'd use another brand undertail before I bought from him at this point. Didn't seem to phase them at all. I figure they were just tryin' to avoid cuttin' a distributor's throat. Can't really blame them, but if I owned a company and was told that a customer would buy another manufacturer's product before they use one of my distributors I'd either redirect them to a list of other distributors or hook 'em up right to solve the problem. Oh well...
Exactly how I would do it. Maybe they just don't need any more business!

Exactly how I would do it.  Maybe they just don't need any more business!
I really don't have a problem with EG. While I would have handled it differently, they didn't exactly mistreat me. Not holdin' any hard feelings for them, only for Allied Barter/Silvio. He's the one who obviously doesn't need my money... The money that I put my life on the line to earn every single penny of. Well, he can rest assured that I will never darken his virtual shop door again as long as I live.
wink.gif

Hell I can't get a fuggin' trackin' number from Second Look either. Two calls and one e-mail and still no tracking number. They billed my card on 05/03/04... WTF?
rock.gif

Dang I'm starting to wonder if peeps see the comradie of this board and figure its a good marketing site.. A trusting bunch that looks like easy pickings..... Hmmm gonna have to make sure someone has 500 post in future before i do business to him!

A good example of customer service is I ordered a custom busa triple clamp from Myrtle west cycles off of ebay on monday. (Buy it now) ANd i called to day to get a tracking number, becasue i already went thru the trouble disassembling my clip ons etc to make room for the new one. When i called the woman said she will check if it shipped because they usually ship the day of purchase or next day. She called back and told me because of the bike week business it didnt ship. I told her i needed it by friday but she said it was slated to be delivered on Monday. I asked can she overnight it. She said yes. And i will receive it on friday. That is customer service. Thanks Marion at Myrtlewestcycle.com
cool.gif

Hell I can't get a fuggin' trackin' number from Second Look either. Two calls and one e-mail and still no tracking number. They billed my card on 05/03/04... WTF?
rock.gif
Not to be funny, BT, but you aren't having any luck with that undertail!
Yeah, it's aggravatin' as HELL!!!
mad.gif
Still no word. Two phone calls and two emails (no replies yet) and I can't even find out if it has shipped yet, much less a tracking number. The motorcycle parts and accessories industry is without a doubt the worst industry I've ever dealt with. Aside from the few exceptions, the rule seems to be not to give a flyin' FUG! Never seen an industry so lop sided towards stinkin' service!
drooling3.gif

Finally, a reply and tracking number. Shows to have shipped on the 4th and is due on the 10th... Should have it Monday. While it was aggravatin' not bein' able to get tracking info in a timely manner, it isn't near as bad as bein' lied to and led on.
wink.gif

Exactly how I would do it.  Maybe they just don't need any more business!
Sorry to hear of your woes, BT... I think you hit the nail on the head with EG.. they don't want to badmouth their distributors. I tried to order directly from them and they told me to go to my dealer, so they are trying to protect their distributors in my opinion. I can also say that I agree they should have done something.. Ah, they're in Quebec... they have a different mentality about things and speak French to boot!
smile.gif
What are you going to do, eh?

At least you're on the right track now.

Um, do you think you could post some pictures when it arrives and you install it? hahaha...
smile.gif

smile.gif

Um, do you think you could post some pictures when it arrives and you install it? hahaha...
smile.gif
Rest assured that you'll get plenty of photos of it.
wink.gif
However, I ordered it unpainted/primered so I can start from scratch and do my own prep and paint work. I would've had to re-spray it to match the custom paint anyway and didn't want to paint over their unknown quality prep work or have to strip it all off.

It may not go on until I get to paint the busa except for a pre-fit install to make sure everything is good to go before I spray it. Hopefully it won't be too long now.
wink.gif

wink.gif

WELL I THINK I WILL GO WITH THE FREESTYLE UNDERTAIL .. BUT KINDA LIKE REV.

BIKE SPENDING IS ON HOLD ... WIFEY SAYS SO...LOL
biggrin.gif

WELL I THINK I WILL GO WITH THE FREESTYLE UNDERTAIL .. BUT KINDA LIKE REV.

BIKE SPENDING IS ON HOLD ... WIFEY SAYS SO...LOL  
biggrin.gif
Well, since Rev didn't reply when I asked him this question, mind tellin' me what you plan to do for turn signals? I liked the Freestyle tail but couldn't find a turn signal arrangement I thought looked cool with it unless you do the clear lens/integrator deal like someone posted here quite some time ago.
rock.gif

I'm in the process of getting my stuff back from Silvio & am not real happy with being lied to.
I sent him the used TG undertail that needed the melted turnsignals replaced, repainted, and also ordered a EK 530 O-ring chain, a carbon fiber license plate bracket, and a LED light for the plate bracket.
He told me that the turn arround time on the paint for the undertail would be 3 days, and the turnsignals 1 week - the other parts he said were in stock ready to ship - this was the first week in April. I just received my undertail back after 20+ days - painted pretty good work - but the turnsignals weren't replaced and the chain that I ordered wasn't included. The plate bracket and LED light were there though.
I called and e-mailed him 2-3 times before I got him to reply and he said that the signals were backordered, and were going to be shipped to me direct from Extreme Graphics - the chain was backordered and going to be shipped direct to me as well. After waiting almost another week, I received the turnsignals, yesterday,, but still waiting on the chain - the most important part - can't ride without it. Has been a total of 27 days - from the time he received my stuff 'til now & still not gotten all my stuff from him.
I believe that Silvio is in a bit over his head with the business, and promisses people timelines that he is unable to keep, but will eventually get your stuff to you - just not necessarilly when he promissed it to you.
I won't be doing business with Allied Barter again - don't like being lied to and not being responded to when I call or e-mail someone I'm doing business with.

Pit Bull

BT I got my Top Gun undertail and hugger from Silveo, and it took about a month to actually receive it. That was after a lot of calls and probing and proding. There was always one problem or another. However, when I finally got it, the paint was a perfect match on both the hugger and the undertail. Fit was and is perfect. The tail lights on mine are to LEDs with round turn signals on either side. After I finally got it, the product was everything I hoped it would be. It was a pain making all the calls from Oregon to Florida, but when I finally got my parts it was worth the wait. My parts were exactly what I was hoping for. Sorry for your bad experience. Things just should not be that way, and if a dealer is trying to sell on the net he should have his act together, especially amoung this community. I know I'm coming in late on this discussion, but I just wanted to add my personal experience.

BT I got my Top Gun undertail and hugger from Silveo, and it took about a month to actually receive it.  That was after a lot of calls and probing and proding.  There was always one problem or another.  However, when I finally got it, the paint was a perfect match on both the hugger and the undertail.  Fit was and is perfect.  The tail lights on mine are to LEDs with round turn signals on either side.  After I finally got it, the product was everything I hoped it would be.  It was a pain making all the calls from Oregon to Florida, but when I finally got my parts it was worth the wait.  My parts were exactly what I was hoping for.  Sorry  for your bad experience.  Things just should not be that way, and if a dealer is trying to sell on the net he should have his act together, especially amoung this community.  I know I'm coming in late on this discussion, but I just wanted to add my personal experience.
Yeah, slow is not that big of a problem in my case. I wasn't exactly in a hurry. It's havin' to deal with a LIAR that I will not tolerate. If it's gonna take a month just tell me. If I can wait I'll give you a month. If I can't I'll make other arrangements. Know what I mean? Life is too short to waste dealin' with another fuggin' liar. I get paid to deal with liars at work. Hate it then, too. I sure as Hell ain't gonna deal with 'em when I'm PAYIN' 'em with my hard earned money.
mad.gif

Back