Bad dealings with Silvio @ alliedbarter

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
I had finally decided on gettin' an Extreme Graphics Top Gun undertail for the busa. I'd seen all the posts here about how Silvio at alliedbarter.com was the man to buy them from so I gave him a call. He said that they were in stock since he drop ships directly from the manufacturer and that he'd call me back with a tracking number as soon as it went out. When I asked how long it would take to get it from the manufacturer he said 5-7 days. I placed my order and waited for the tracking number.

Well, a day or two goes by and no tracking number so I call back to check on it. Figured he just forgot to call. He says that EG has not sent him the tracking number yet but he should have it anytime now. I still assumed that it was on the way and I just didn't have a tracking number.

Today made a week since I ordered the undertail and still no tracking number or undertail. Just called Silvio and he says that the undertail would ship out today and that he would call me back within the hour with a tracking number. I told him that I was gettin' a little aggravated since he had told me the part was in stock when I ordered it. I also told him that since he said it would definitely ship out today, if I didn't get a tracking number sometime today I may cancel the order. I mean damn! It ain't like it was the first time I'd been promised one and I was beginning to wonder WTF was goin' on.

Well, Silvio snaps back, "I'll just cancel your order then." I explain to him that I'd rather get the tail than to cancel, I just want to know what's going on with it. He says that if it doesn't ship today then there would be problems and he'd just rather not have the sale. So I'm sittin' here like WTF? You just said it would go out today. If you didn't know for sure that it would then why the FUG did you tell me that? Well, at that point I told him to just cancel the order. If he'd rather not have the sale then I'd rather not give him any of my hard earned fuggin' money! Ass hat!

Hell, if it took 2-3 weeks to get the damned thing I wouldn't care as long as I knew what was goin' on. Few things are worse than to order something and just keep gettin' the run around on it like that. All it takes to keep me a happy customer is to tell me the FUGGIN' TRUTH! Is it REALLY that HARD to tell the TRUTH?
rock.gif

So anyway, unless there is another place to get a Top Gun without gettin' raped on the $21 customs fee that Extreme Graphics hits you with when you buy direct I will NOT have a Top Gun undertail on my busa...

...and for the life of me I can't see how Silvio got such a reputation on the board unless it's just for his pricing on the product. His customer service and attitude plain sucked for me!
rock.gif

rock.gif

Well, that is crappy customer service to say the least! Fug him, BT.. you're right.. why would anyone spend their hard earned $'s on service like that? I sure wouldn't. I have read where others have also had problems with this guy... But I'm sure there are other places to get the TG undertail.

Stand your ground, man!!

I hear ya BT. I have heard many more bad things than good about him. I don't know why anyone would buy from him considering what I have heard about his customer service. If he treats even one single person like he did you then he does not deserve any patronage from any of the fine individuals here at HB.org or anyone else for that matter. We all deserve better. Customer service sells not BS. I don't care how good the product is.

Hey BT at least u got ahold of him I called to no avail. I mean not even a return call good bussiness i think not..so I also went another route my money is good, if he don't want it someone else will...

Hey BT at least u got ahold of him I called to no avail. I mean not even a return call good bussiness i think not..so I also went another route my money is good, if he don't want it someone else will...
Yeah, I like the clean look of the Freestyle undertail you went with but I don't know how to handle the turn signals if I go that route. I'd like to integrate them into the brake lens and go LED with 'em but I'm a wiring/electrical idiot and wouldn't know where to start.
wink.gif

Yeah, I like the clean look of the Freestyle undertail you went with but I don't know how to handle the turn signals if I go that route. I'd like to integrate them into the brake lens and go LED with 'em but I'm a wiring/electrical idiot and wouldn't know where to start.
wink.gif
Wiring idiot I can relate to that...LOL...Good luck In your search..

Why give anyone hard earned cash if they are not up front with info. You did the right thing by stopping the order. Make sure that your credit card is not charged?? So many places out there, I am sure you can find what you need. Maybe a couple bucks more maybe less.

Thanks BulletTrain, now you have me worried. Based on recommendations here at the board I also placed an order last Tuesday I believe for the TG and undertail, basically got the same line of 5-7 days direct ship from Extreme. I didn't ask for any tracking info, and he did not offer. Since it's sounds like you already pissed him off today, I think I'll wait to check on my order....LOL. Thanks for the 411 though, cause I'd probably of waited at least thr 7 days or longer before checking things out. Try second-look (www.second-look.com) when I was browsing they had them, I don't think it's on the home page though, you may have to search, also do not remember the price.

Capefear.com has one that don't look to bad...Signals are itergrated in..LOL

Sooner or later distributors are going to learn who pays their friggin bills.....THE CONSUMER! I think he's so cocky because so many people have taken that crap and he figures one person isn't going to hurt is bus. too bad. Well he just lost 2 because I'm not buyin from a jerk. Guys like that make ya want to take a road trip hmhmhm.
mad.gif

BT, sorry to hear about your experience and don't know what to say. My first dealing with Sylvio was quite good. This last time wasn't so good when I told him the one he sent me wasn't the right color. He was very pleasant about correcting the situation, but not so good in the follow-up of tracking information. He was also going to send me his UPS information so that I could return the original one to him. Well, he hasn't to this point given me that UPS information and I still have the undertail. My stuff is being packed up at the end of the week and I guess if I don't hear from him I've got an extra undertail. I don't feel good about it, but I prodded him for the 2 weeks it took to my replacement here for the info and still don't have it so he must not be worried about it.

Anyway, now that I'm done ranting I guess I will have an extra undertail to get rid of shortly. It does not have the lights though because I had to remove them and put them in the replacement.

I don't know what has happened to Sylvio lately. Sorry you had to deal with that.

I was thinking of ordering a TopGun Undertail from him as well, but now that I know about the crummy customer service I think I'll pass.
mad.gif

Banner.JPG

What a prick.....he'll get no business from me!!!
MSF.. if you're looking for a TG undertail, I'm getting mine locally for what I consider to be a great price.

For those south of the border, I'm asking him if he'll ship to you guys and what the cost would be if he's willing.  Once I find out I'll let you know.
Thanks Hay.......I'm prolly gonna do something a li'l different on mine though.
Good lookin out though bro!!!!

Bill

Thanks BulletTrain, now you have me worried.  Based on recommendations here at the board I also placed an order last Tuesday I believe for the TG and undertail, basically got the same line of 5-7 days direct ship from Extreme.  I didn't ask for any tracking info, and he did not offer.  Since it's sounds like you already pissed him off today, I think I'll wait to check on my order....LOL.  Thanks for the 411 though, cause I'd probably of waited at least thr 7 days or longer before checking things out.   Try second-look (www.second-look.com)  when I was browsing they had them, I don't think it's on the home page though, you may have to search, also do not remember the price.
I think you're good on your order because after talkin' to Silvio and gettin' pissed at him I called Extreme Graphics about gettin' one direct from them. They said they had the one I ordered ready to ship out. They explained that they had been swamped with orders and they were just catchin' up. Totally understandable and unlike Silvio, they had not given me a reason not to believe them. They offered to sell me the one I ordered direct instead of through Silvio but they wanted $250 + the $21 customs fee. Nah, couldn't go that route. I told them that after the way Silvio acted I would go with another undertail before I'd buy from him. I then thanked them for their time and told them that I was going to look into my options.

So, unless he was as full of shid as Silvio was, all undertails that they had orders for through Silvio should drop ship directly to the customers today or tomorrow. So, you won't have it for a while but it should be on the way soon.
wink.gif

Anyway, thanks for the heads up on Second Look. I just called and ordered one from them. Cost a bit more than goin' through Silvio but oh well. I wouldn't buy one at 50% off from him now...

Second Look said they had me one in stock and they'd do their best to ship it out today. If not today then definitely tomorrow. They also took my email address and said that they'd email me the tracking number on it. Never done business with them so wish me luck!
wink.gif

wink.gif

#### 'em!
mad.gif
Hmm, well, since everyone else is talking, i guess i will... If you do a search under my name you will see the undertail that i got.. The color matched perfectly but the body work on it sucked... Silvio said he would fix it no prob. i had to ship it back. but instead i had a guy here at work who fixed it and repainted it and silvio said he would credit me back my money on part of it.... Well, i decided to order the rear hugger for my busa... i got it 22 days later.... yep.. 22 days. ahaha.. he said the guy that does the stuff was short handed, blah blah.... i put it on the bike and there is this 1 inch long paint defect on it.. like a bad tape line.. sucks....sylvio is a nice guy, he does this stuff and doesnt make much money, but i think he is just gettin a bit swamped ya know.. tracking numbers are a BITCH to have to deal with ALL day long ya know.. he needs some type of automated poop.

Sooner or later distributors are going to learn who pays their friggin bills.....THE CONSUMER! I think he's so cocky because so many people have taken that crap and he figures one person isn't going to hurt is bus. too bad.  Well he just lost 2 because I'm not buyin from a jerk.  Guys like that make ya want to take a road trip hmhmhm.  
mad.gif
Fortunately some of them do understand that. To name a few, Tom at Veltune.com, NewEnough.com, Brock Racing, etc... These folks go the distance even after the sale, makin' sure the customer is a happy one. That's why I gladly send 'em my money when they carry somethin' I want.

It's true ass hats like Silvio that don't realize (or maybe just don't care) that one negative post in a forum like this can cost them hundreds, of not thousands of dollars in sales over time. I really hate postin' bad feedback on anyone for that very reason. I always try and give 'em the benefit of a doubt and a chance to make things right.

However, in my opinion, anybody that would just as soon cancel a man's order than to be sure and tell the truth even if it means sayin' that he couldn't promise a definite ship date has removed all doubts as to what kind of business man he is. As bad as I hate bein' lied to, it pissed me off more when he said he'd rather cancel the order than deal with my concerns.

To that I say fug him and anybody that LOOKS like 'im!
mad.gif

mad.gif

Um, I will be buying the Freestyle undertail that retains the stock light.... Well, I will as soon as The Wife Re-instates my Amex privliges... Sheesh, spend $3000 in a thirty day period on bike related and other stuff and she gets all twitchy...:laugh: OK so she had to write a big check at the end of the month... Where's her sense of humor?
laugh.gif

Yeah, I suck...

Back