Got my Undertail on Check it out!!

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Well I got my under tail installed today. I am jazzed!! I am going to post pics of it.

However before I do anything, I want to say how awesome it was dealing with EAKbusa.

The way we both did business.. well it was refreshing and it was the way I wish things always went in life.

When I first told Eric (EAKbusa) that I wanted to purchase the undertail and tire hugger from him, I offered him less than what he was asking, he agreed, however after me giving it some thought I told him I would pay him his asking price. I felt I was getting a good deal anyway.

So I went out on a Wednesday and purchased a money order for the amount agreed upon, I then went to the post office and had it mailed next day.. The post office informed me that because he was so for away they couldn’t guarantee next day, but said it would be there by Friday. I said ok

As soon as I got back from the post office, I scanned in the copy of the money order, the receipt for the next day shipping from the post office, and tracking slip with tracking number, and I emailed everything to Eric within 2 hours of sending it off.

So my part is done. So now Eric is waiting on the check to arrive, well it didn’t get there Thursday, but he had the tracking number and he brought everything into work on Friday and packaged it up. Well the check did not get there on Friday either.

However being that Eric and I had been keeping in contact with each other (keep in mind we don’t even know each other except for this transaction). He decides to go ahead and mail the undertail and hugger to me before he even gets the money. So he mails out the stuff to me on Friday, and as soon as he mailed it out he emailed me the tracking number so I could track its location, the money order finally got to him on Saturday.

When I got the undertail and tire hugger in, it was exactly as Eric had described, both items were in great condition, I just finished installing it today and I had a couple of questions so I called him and left a message and he called me back as soon as he got the message and answered a few questions I had. All lights work, everything works perfect and I am very happy..

So Eric (EAKbusa) gets my thumbs up, anyone wants to deal with him, he is definitely a straight up guy and good for his word.

Thanks again Eric for the good deal on the undertail and selling it to me..

Ok, now here are some pics..

This first one is the before pic

1.JPG

This tool here was a must. I bought it just for this project. Have been wanting one for awhile because I have some other stuff I want to do.. But I cant see how I could have done it without a Dremel tool

4.JPG

Ok, here is a pic of my bike with the new fairing on and the old fairing with the hole in it (for those of you that remember my little entanglemet with Mikey D

5.JPG

And last but not least.. Here is a pic of where I keep the busted fairing.. I park my bike in the Garage, I hang the busted fairing in the Garage.. It is a constant reminder to me every day to watch what the Heck I am doing... I dont want to forget, so there is where it hangs.

7.JPG

looks pretty good... I personally don't like the "two" tail light only model. I like the 2 light with blinkers.
cool.gif

looks pretty good... I personally don't like the "two" tail light only model.  I like the 2 light with blinkers.
cool.gif
It has blinkers. You have your two large visible tail lights.

Well within the large round plastic, below the red tail lights are small amber turn signal lights. And then you have the turn signal lights mounted father down on the undertail.

I will see if I can get a picture of them when they are flashing. I washnt sure how it would look either but I like it, there is also redundancy. You have two tail lights, so if one burns out you are still good, two brake lights so if one burns out you are still good, and you have 4 blinkers, 2 on each side, so if one burns out you are still good.

And then I plan on doing the mirror mod with the Kanji.. So when I turn on my blinkers, you will have a light blinking under the tail light, a light blinking father down under my but, and the mirror will blink... so instead of "BLING BLING" I will have "BLINK BLINK BLINK" MUAH HA HA

If you do want to see what they look like lit, let me know, I am not sure how much of a hassle it is going to be to try and catch the blink, but I will try

Ok, here are two pics. I was able to catch the blink on my digital camera..

Here is the first pic (actually did it twice... lol )

DCP_1017.JPG

Here is the second pick. notice the small amber light under the left tail light.. I know it does not seem that big or bright, but it is. and I think the lower left signal is pretty cool looking where it is mounted

DCP_1018.JPG

Looks great Thrasher!

What kind of undertail is it?

And no I have not gotten Bullet's cans on Suzie yet.

Thanks Mikey!!

I liked the undertail when I saw the pics of it, but I even like it more now that I have it installed and I see the lights all working. It is cool to have two sets of blinkers flashing in the back.

Man what is wrong with you!! I already ordered, received, paid for and installed my new fairing!! gte to work on them cans boy!!!! Suzie wants em....
wink.gif

Thanks Mikey!!

I liked the undertail when I saw the pics of it, but I even like it more now that I have it installed and I see the lights all working. It is cool to have two sets of blinkers flashing in the back.

Man what is wrong with you!! I already ordered, received, paid for and installed my new fairing!! gte to work on them cans boy!!!! Suzie wants em....  
wink.gif
I hear you bro. I'm gettin them mounted some time next week. I'm just up to my eyeballs around here. We're sleeping in the living room, and momma is packing up all the sh!t in the bedroom even as I type.

Is that a Top gun tail? I saw Ed's today and it didn't have the extra lights on the sides.

I like it alot!

Thanks Mikey!!

wink.gif
I hear you bro.  I'm gettin them mounted some time next week.  I'm just up to my eyeballs around here.  We're sleeping in the living room, and momma is packing up all the sh!t in the bedroom even as I type.

Is that a Top gun tail?  I saw Ed's today and it didn't have the extra lights on the sides.

I like it alot!
It is a Mototek

http://www.mototeck.com

ahhh I see the blinkers down there now... I wasn't sure whether that tail had blinkers or not.... doesn't look to bad now that I see the blinkers.
tounge.gif

Back