Back to Busa land

robdeniro0

Registered
Quick short story, In 2015 I drove my 2014 anniversary edition Busa 170mph on a public road I had no business doing it on. The circumstance that lead up to such a bad decision was the taunting of a shiny black Corvette that clearly had an itch for a scrap with the mythical Hayabusa. That being said I didn't want to just beat this Corvette, I wanted to humiliate him and so I did once I let loose the throttle. I was moving so fast the cars on the highway seemed to be parked as I flew by and it was at that moment I knew I wasn't mature enough to continue ownership of something so powerful. I scared myself that day and considered myself lucky to be alive. I sold that bike a week later to a riding partner of mine and powered down to a GSX S1000F a sprightly quick bike but nowhere near Busa power. Fast forward to the present, I feel as though I'm more mature and can better handle the responsibility of the Busa and I miss it, life is too short to be settling for less so I am BACK! Picked up my 2020 with 0 miles on the clock. Having a blast again and I loooooovvveee this bike so intoxicating. Changed to some Yoshi slip ons. Zero Gravity windscreen, Yoshi fender eliminator and much more to come!

Quick short story, In 2015 I drove my 2014 anniversary edition Busa 170mph on a public road I had no business doing it on. The circumstance that lead up to such a bad decision was the taunting of a shiny black Corvette that clearly had an itch for a scrap with the mythical Hayabusa. That being said I didn't want to just beat this Corvette, I wanted to humiliate him and so I did once I let loose the throttle. I was moving so fast the cars on the highway seemed to be parked as I flew by and it was at that moment I knew I wasn't mature enough to continue ownership of something so powerful. I scared myself that day and considered myself lucky to be alive. I sold that bike a week later to a riding partner of mine and powered down to a GSX S1000F a sprightly quick bike but nowhere near Busa power. Fast forward to the present, I feel as though I'm more mature and can better handle the responsibility of the Busa and I miss it, life is too short to be settling for less so I am BACK! Picked up my 2020 with 0 miles on the clock. Having a blast again and I loooooovvveee this bike so intoxicating. Changed to some Yoshi slip ons. Zero Gravity windscreen, Yoshi fender eliminator and much more to come!View attachment 1622105

View attachment 1622106

View attachment 1622107

View attachment 1622108

View attachment 1622109
Man I feel you there. I bought the same bike on Valentine's Day. I did the same thing on my previous Busas and GSXR1000s and switched to Harleys because I felt I was going to hurt myself. While the Harleys are beautiful bikes, they don't fit my personality or fit the bill when I get the urge to hit the highway like the Busas do. Also I was considering a tinted wind screen and after seeing how well it looks on yours, I think I'll go ahead and get one.

Man I feel you there. I bought the same bike on Valentine's Day. I did the same thing on my previous Busas and GSXR1000s and switched to Harleys because I felt I was going to hurt myself. While the Harleys are beautiful bikes, they don't fit my personality or fit the bill when I get the urge to hit the highway like the Busas do. Also I was considering a tinted wind screen and after seeing how well it looks on yours, I think I'll go ahead and get one.
Hi. I hope it was not a ZR 1 because they have a top speed of over 214 MPH. I did the same in 2001 I raced a ZO6 with my ZX11 with a 1300cc kit and NOS. about 245 HP. I put a rod out the front of my motor at around 190 to 195 MPH. Now I am building a 1999 busa. to run LSR about 800+ HP.

Back