coming back to the Busa!!!!

bosssmannn

Registered
I had a 01 Busa and loved the bike. Stop riding on the street in 03 and tried to get used to dirt bikes. Well after realizing that it hurts when you fall on your head from being a dumb**s. I decided to stick to the street. Well the wife talked me into getting a cruiser so I bought a used mean streak. Guess what they aren't mean at all:laugh: After 6 months of that bike I am getting a Busa again! problem buy used or new? The new are sure expensive and there are some killer deals on used. Insurance is also a lot cheaper on one a couple years old. How are the 03's I found one that is totally stock. even has the reflectors and mud flap still there! 6k miles Or should I hold off a little longer and go New???

:welcome: I'm a Gen1 owner and can't speak to the Gen2's other than the fact that I find them hideously ugly (well the 08 Harley orange and black one anyway:whistle:). I say get what you can afford and have fun. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

:welcome: back!

The 03 is a fast bike for sure.

Do yourself a favor and don't get a Gen 2 or you'll never stop riding it. :laugh:

never been able to buy a "used" sport/hyper bike... figure no one buys the thing to baby it..

I've had my USED sport bike for 2 years now with 0 problems from being a used Busa..

BTW :welcome: back.. :thumbsup:

I would not b afraid to buy used at all..

If the '03 is in good shape, snap it up. Good ride there!

--Wag--

If you can afford it, get a Gen2...they are better :thumbsup:

At least get a '03 or newer, they got all the bugs out of the '99-'02 models :beerchug:

is it 99-02 gen 1
02-07 gen 2?
I have owned 13 bikes now and somehow always buy used. I think I am leaning towards that silver/gray busa. I am pretty sure the guy just babied it.

2009 Hayabusa :bowdown:

GSX1300RK9_Silver_BFBFBF.jpg

I had a 01 Busa and loved the bike. Stop riding on the street in 03 and tried to get used to dirt bikes. Well after realizing that it hurts when you fall on your head from being a dumb**s. I decided to stick to the street. Well the wife talked me into getting a cruiser so I bought a used mean streak. Guess what they aren't mean at all:laugh: After 6 months of that bike I am getting a Busa again! problem buy used or new? The new are sure expensive and there are some killer deals on used. Insurance is also a lot cheaper on one a couple years old. How are the 03's I found one that is totally stock. even has the reflectors and mud flap still there! 6k miles Or should I hold off a little longer and go New???

Boss, when you read this, sounds like you've already made up your mind.

This bike you mention here should be cheap despite being in great shape. There are plenty of babied used bikes out there. Some buy it, never ride it. Still bone-stock after 6 years? Just remember if you buy bone stock, think of that long list of mods you gotta do to make it uniquely yours. On the other hand, you've got a clean slate. Go for it. :thumbsup:

yes that is what I am hesitant about. I know there is a long list of stuff that I had on my old bike. chrome rims, chrome controls, polished frame, exhaust, undertail kit etc
that stuff does add up.
Im not sure I want to dump money into a 03. I know better if I say I wont spend money on extras on it no matter what I tell the wife. I can't help it. :lol:

yes that is what I am hesitant about. I know there is a long list of stuff that I had on my old bike. chrome rims, chrome controls, polished frame, exhaust, undertail kit etc
that stuff does add up.
Im not sure I want to dump money into a 03. I know better if I say I wont spend money on extras on it no matter what I tell the wife. I can't help it. :lol:

Put it to her this way.....

By purchasing used you're saving the money you would have had to spend on new, leaving you all that money left over to "mod" up the bike and you'll still have spent less than buying new. :laugh: I purchased my '07 last year (02/2008) new on the showroom floor for dealer cost leaving me a couple grand ahead right out of the gate which the wife had no problem at all with me getting upgrades started the day it came home.

Back