Back over by a Semi-truck on my busa,

If an officer or an agent hears you say, I laid it down as gentle as I could,...that is intentional in my opinion.

I think you are missing the part where the LARGE 18 WHEELER was backing up unable to see him and not stopping. He did the right thing by bailing and trying to make that event as soft of the bike as possible. To say he had to wait until he was struck and then even more stuck in the situation makes no sense.

This wasn't like in Austin Powers when Will Farrel got mowed down by the slowest steam roller on earth. This was OMG I about to get snuffed by a big truck *bail* Its not really fair for anyone to play Monday quarterback, that must have been scary as crap.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLlUgilKqms

Last edited:
He hit me in the headlight area with his center mudflap of the trailer, and the good thing there was 4 other people saw the whole thing happen, which was good for me and one of the witness was a Sec.Of State police officer and he called in the accident.
I stayed as long as I could on the bike before it started to overtakeme, I laid it down as gentle as I could, when he finally stopped the rear mudflap was against my face shield. so it didn't go down very hard at all. It happened very fast.

I'm not sure I understand how a mudflap hit you...all the trailers I see look like this...and I thought there was a law requiring the low "bumper." I don't know what they are called in trucking lingo...

Trailer.jpg

In California, the law says, when coming to a stop you must be in the middle of the road. When I am behind another car/truck I stop with my headlight pointing at his driver side mirror.
Sorry about the bike, Glad no one got hurt.
Steve

I'm not sure I understand how a mudflap hit you...all the trailers I see look like this...and I thought there was a law requiring the low "bumper." I don't know what they are called in trucking lingo...

Some dump trailers have somewhat of a rear bumper, and most run a center mud flap to keep anything from falling off the bottom of the trailer and bouncing down the road. In most states, if the rear trailer tires are at the very back of the trailer, no bumper required, but on a box trailer where the the trailer axles are adjustable, they have to have one.

Some dump trailers have somewhat of a rear bumper, and most run a center mud flap to keep anything from falling off the bottom of the trailer and bouncing down the road. In most states, if the rear trailer tires are at the very back of the trailer, no bumper required, but on a box trailer where the the trailer axles are adjustable, they have to have one.

Thanks for the clarification.

Back