Back on the Busa

homermacleod

Registered
I joined this forum in Feb of 07 but never made any introductions.

I bought my 06 hayabusa new in early 2007 (upgraded from an 03 SV650S with that I put 38000 miles in 3 years). I left for India in March of 08 and returned back home in March 09. The busa has not been ridden since March of 08.

In India, I rode a 100 cc honda splendor for about 1 month and then bought a 180 cc bajaj pulsar. I finally got the busa insured, inspected, registered and bought a new battery. After taking her out, I learned that I forgot how fast the bike is. I also learned that the 12 dollars I spent in India on a set of Stebel Magnum horns was money well spent. A chick on a in a suv was sitting at a red light and decided she was going to take a right turn in front of me. I laid on the horn and she actually heard it and stopped.

I searched for replacement batteries on the forum and saw several threads. I ended up buying a battery from batteries plus, which has a 1 year warranty. For anyone that is interested/looking for a new battery, they have a new battery called X2. That battery has a 2 year warranty, unfortunately they don't have that for the gen 1 bikes yet.

The bike is pretty much stock. So far, I have added:
Grim Reaper tank pad
Suzuki FUEL TANK SIDE TRIM
HID low beam 6k w/relay
frame sliders
stebel magnum horns
the faring grills
reflective tape on the rims.

Future mods (Once I find a job):
Exhaust (probably bolt on b/c I like having two cans). Anyone have an opinion on the two brothers cans?
Heated grips
Blue Guages
Undertail
Hugger
LEDs
K&N
Power Commander
Speedohealer

I don't have any decent pics of the busa but will try to take some and post it up tomorrow.

The SV

%24193.JPG

SVedt.jpg

Below are the bikes I had in India.

100 CC Honda Splendor
India%20013.jpg

180 CC Bajaj Pulsar
Golden%20Triangle%20249.jpg

-Chris

Last edited:
welcome home!! how did you mount your stebel?

I tried mounting both of them in the location of the stock horn, but that did not work out, when I turned the wheel completely left or right, it would hit the forks.

So, I ended up mounting one horn in the stock location and the other I mounted behind the radiator. Next time I take the farings off, I will take a pic and post it.

Back