back from service shiney/pretty pics

Now that's a grown up attitude !!!!!
Hey thanks, I have learned a few things here and there. Unlike a lot of the young guys that write in ask the questions and ignore the advice... Somewhere along the way I learned that folks that have been there and done this or that should be paid attention to. Generally they know of what they speak...theories be damned, experiance is irreplacable...

I was just jokin', flrider. Maybe it wasn't funny, tho. I assure you that it was posted in humor with no ill intentions. Sorry if it didn't come across that way. Sometimes typed words don't exactly follow the author's intentions. WWJD is one of the good ones here and I'd never say or do anything to intentionally offend him. Just cuttin' up.  ;)
Hey Bullit, I think that his response was for me and my amazing will power...

I was just jokin', flrider. Maybe it wasn't funny, tho. I assure you that it was posted in humor with no ill intentions. Sorry if it didn't come across that way. Sometimes typed words don't exactly follow the author's intentions. WWJD is one of the good ones here and I'd never say or do anything to intentionally offend him. Just cuttin' up.  ;)
Hey Bullit, I think that his response was for me and my amazing will power...
Hmmm. Could be... ;)

I give up worrying if my tires last.. I want STICKY!  Figure I'll get a new rear with every oil change - 3000 miles.  Plus, I hate riding on ANY flat spots.  New tires always FEEL SOOO GOOD!
These Diablos ran me:  97 and 119 plus labor at my local dealer. I feel it turning easier now - don't know if that is the Pirelli design or the 180 replacing the 190, I believe it's both... I'm kinda liking it but unable to fully test as I'm still breaking in the edges of the tires and can't really get on them yet.  Pirelli's on my Civic were really sticky but wore out quickly.  Pirelli's on my Ninja just rocked in every way!  

I assume everyone here is joking or razzing.  Always fun to read and laff at!  :)  I thought it was all funny!

I prolly should remove the stickers since they'll just fade anyway.  Still considering the reflectors...  I 'think' slowly... like mah "luvin"....  hahahhahaha

Yes, Rev, I too am from the school of "Why learn it the hard way when you can watch and learn from some other idiot"  :D

Heli-bars: I'll snap a close up tomorrow at work.  So far they are nice and do what they should:  raise you up a little. but I am kinda weirded by my cool, superfast racebike feeling all "Tourbike" like now.  It's not really bad, and probably better for my posture [tall = back pain from hunching down to reach the standard clipons] just very different and I need some time to get used to it.  I put about 80 miles on them tonight and don't think I was fatigued as bad as previously, but my feeling of sitting bolt upright on my crotch rocket made me a little self concious.  I'm sure I'll get used to it in a day or two, and I'll report back. In the end, I think I will prefer the option to sit upright AND tuck down over not being able to sit up as much.  They were $169 ordered by my local dealer.  Here's a pic off their website:
http://www.helibars.com/suzuki.html
Notice they go up a bit and then have an angle to them.  I bet I can twist their placement to make it fit my body even better.
Opps forgot: with the way the dealer placed them, when turning full, while parking in the garage, my hand bumps the bottom of the mirror now. Not a big thing - never happen while riding, but that tells you the positioning.

heli.gif

Heli-bars,

I put some on about 500 miles ago, and really like them. I am 5'8" so my reach may be a bit different, but the stock bars were making my neck sore having to look up so much. I did a 430 mile day with the bars, I really like them, much less stress on the neck and back. I have the black/silver '03, so the black bars blend in, they totally look as if they came with the bike.
I installed them myself, no problems. If you do not like them sell them on e-bay, they get a pretty good price.

my .02 cents worth

ride safe  

Almost forgot

WWJD:   NICE CLEAN BIKE, Looks gooooood! I spent most of the week-end doing the same and put 3 coats of wax on the lady myself.  :)

Ride safe  

Cool Thanks for the replies, WWJD and gaw...

Also, The 1" mirror spacers you hear about here and there, are supposed to fix the mirror/bar clearance issue. At least that is what I heard. I saved the pics of your ride onto my Workstation...If I get a few minutes today I am going to eliminate your reflectors, and stickers just to give you an idea, also, you have a favorite color WWJD?

hahaha Rev, yer a gas! I always wanted a shiney white stallion - pearl white would be okay to. I thought fully chrome would be way cool. or maybe a flat jet gray complete with warning labels like: 'step here' 'warning: intake' 'remain more than 5 feet from exhaust' like a real jet. I saw you multicolered ones before.. really cool! You da man! you da man!
heli bar pics - see the where they notch up from the silver mount - and a view from the top
Yes, the Helis are black instead of silver originals and, I think, look even nicer that way. :)

heli1.jpg

Hell Yeah WWJD, Thanks for the pics. It's kinda hard to tell that they are even on there... Looks good...

Are the Heli bars steel or aluminum?
Also, do they have the locating notch (like the stock bars) that would prevent you from rotating them?

About the heli-bars, I would not mind having the bars a little higher but heli-bars are just bars bent at a different angle (and yes they have a alight rise out of the bar mount). To me this seems odd and does not look right nor feel right. I think the way to raise the bars is to use some sort of risers or a different triple clamp cover but use the same angle bar so as to retain the looks and feel angle-wise, only higher. How can you lean into a curve and hang onto those heli-bars up in the air and bent too straight like that? I guess it depends on how you ride or intend to use your bike.

I would say if you want a pure touring bike get somthing else but actually it just goes to show you how versatile and amazing a Busa is. It can do it all and be set up however you want and it rules either way! So ignore me as it is only my opinion to suit my needs and wants. I want to keep mine as sporting as possible so I will pass on the grandpa bars (just kiddin'). Enjoy your ride!

EAK, I knida wonder about that feel myself. It makes the bike feel new and different. But I justify things to myself this way: it's just different and I need to adjust. The R1 and GSX1K are raked even lower, so I think you can make any angle work in the twisties or track if you put your mind to it.
My busa was lower than my Ninja [traded in] but my Ninja worked just fine. So being raised back up should just be an adjustment for me to grow into. Time will tell... I kept the old ones for sure. Hasn't affected my riding at all, just feels different.

WWJD, Did you put any spacer under your tank screws to keep the tank off the choke cable? I did not at first but noticed some scuffing when raised tank first time after install. Would suggest using the spacer (washer) to prevent the rubbing. I have had my heli-bars for most of the time and would not like to ride without them now. IMHO anyway.

And Bullet,,,my comment was for REV. Sorry about any confusion. Just slow posting i guess.

Great idea flrider! I'd read that the Busa needed no mods to adjust for the Heli's, but sounds like it might need something. I'll check it out.

Back