back from service shiney/pretty pics

If you did not put your bars on yourself, notice the choke cable has been rerouted to the left side of the neck. Stock location is on right side. Nice touch with the wave in the mirror..........

About the heli-bars, I would not mind having the bars a little higher but heli-bars are just bars bent at a different angle (and yes they have a alight rise out of the bar mount). To me this seems odd and does not look right nor feel right. I think the way to raise the bars is to use some sort of risers or a different triple clamp cover but use the same angle bar so as to retain the looks and feel angle-wise, only higher. How can you lean into a curve and hang onto those heli-bars up in the air and bent too straight like that? I guess it depends on how you ride or intend to use your bike.

I would say if you want a pure touring bike get somthing else but actually it just goes to show you how versatile and amazing a Busa is. It can do it all and be set up however you want and it rules either way! So ignore me as it is only my opinion to suit my needs and wants. I want to keep mine as sporting as possible so I will pass on the grandpa bars (just kiddin'). Enjoy your ride!
I dunno Eak, I think maybe you should take a closer look at the Heli-Bars.  They really are pretty transparent when installed.  They have a slight pull back to them yes but prolly not enough to mess up any real hard street riding plans. I believe they are machined as well not bent.
  See It's funny but I have the exact opposite opinion of reaper risers, and the Gen-Mar.  To me they look much worse than the Heli's, they drop your fork adjusters into a dark hole and add a lot of ugly visual and physical mass to an already heavy looking area.  The ones I have seen raised that way tended to look pretty bad, heavy clunky, thick spacers.  But Just as you said just my opinion...  
  And with the reaper risers and the Gen-Mars they do allow you to raise your fork tubes some...extra bonus if your drag racing on a budget or short of limb.

I'd like to try your bike, WWJD... I think your opinion is valuable, but to feel it is way better...
You can't tell anyone what it's like to ride the Busa, one needs to ride it to know, right?
I don't need those just yet, but the time will come... unless I buy a different bike. NOT !

Come on over and give it a ride!!!  ;)  It really makes the position more upright, like those touring bikes but not as much.  Just different than what I'm used to. By next month I won't think twice about it. :)
I think I see the blinker lights better now cuz I sit back another inch or so.

WWJD... sweet looking bike. Ignore these cads and their comments about reflectors & stickers. Heck, my ride still has 'em too! :D

OK Here you go Dubya...With/without them stickers and such...

wwjdbusa.gif

Rev, you are too much!!! hahahahahhaha you forgot the tail shadow! ;) Looks good, I have to admit.... I'm inching closer to the edge

HEh, Hey I do the best I can under the bosses nose you know!!!

Ok WWJD I got a laff outta yer last pic. I see your hand in one mirror and the handicap sign in the other. thats some funny fotography... :laugh:

I think it's awesome. I plan on removing the reflectors tomorrow! I guess I'll do the stickers next. Leaving the fender cuz passengers don't enjoy mud flying up their skirts, ya know? Thansk for the photoshopped! I showed all my friends already :D

Back