B-King won't rev past 7k?????

@Red5 welcome, and that is a great all-black B-King. That's the best one. Red 5 is from Star Wars I presume?

That said may I hijack the thread just a little bit? Would any of you gurus recommend adding an external filter early on in a bike's life, allowing one to swap the filter every couple of years? In the old days a fuel filter may have lasted forever. Today, even kept clean, I have concerns about ethanol eating it up and shortening its life, or filling it with materials that the ethanol eats up. Would you consider this mod on a clean bike excessive or smart?
If you do the fuel filter mod they recommend a external filter it was a thread on here with filters that have the same ends as our bikes. I'll see if i can find it. Believe one was the fg800a

Looking like I may have a bad fuel pump. Anyone got a recommendation for a good fuel pump for this bike?

Your fuel pump is probably just fine. The pump sits partially inside the filter which is the white plastic portion of the pump assy. You can disassemble the assy down to the filter and replace just it. When you do the filter mod you have to do this anyway. 90% of the time when a fuel pump fails it stops working altogether. Follow the links previously provided and do the mod with the existing filter or purchase a new filter and replace it. The entire fuel pump assy including the sender is around 600 bucks. The filter is about 230 bucks. I would not replace the pump without replacing the filter.

Your fuel pump is probably just fine. The pump sits partially inside the filter which is the white plastic portion of the pump assy. You can disassemble the assy down to the filter and replace just it. When you do the filter mod you have to do this anyway. 90% of the time when a fuel pump fails it stops working altogether. Follow the links previously provided and do the mod with the existing filter or purchase a new filter and replace it. The entire fuel pump assy including the sender is around 600 bucks. The filter is about 230 bucks. I would not replace the pump without replacing the filter.
Pulled the fuel pump and did the filter mod. No Go. So I pulled the fuel pump and tested it on it's own. Fuel would only come out of the weep hole on the side of the pump. So you sir, are wrong. ;)

Ordered another fuel pump today. Hope this will fix it.

Did you get the Bosch fuel pump? Also did you install and external fuel filter? If not you will need to

Pulled the fuel pump and did the filter mod. No Go. So I pulled the fuel pump and tested it on it's own. Fuel would only come out of the weep hole on the side of the pump. So you sir, are wrong. ;)

Ordered another fuel pump today. Hope this will fix it.
Well good for you for figuring it out. Can't tell if you are being rude or not.
Either way, you will now have a shiny new fuel pump and the fuel filter mod is a good way to go for the future. Good luck!

Did the filter mod and installed an external fuel filter. The pump that only had about 20 miles on it went south. There is some surface rust on the top of my tank, it may have found its way into the fuel pump I bought. If that is / was the problem then I expect I will see this problem again, very soon. If that happens I will re-post on this thread. As for now the bike seems to be running great.

Thank you to all that have tried to help.

I've heard of this fuel filter mod. Not having much luck finding a good thread with a step by step. YOu have a good link? I'll give it a try tonight.
Here is one of the best write up on it from an SV site. They are all the same i just did a customers GSXR 600 the other day!

And Chrisjp's write up here on the site,

Back