B-King vs. Busa

Tickleme Elmo

Registered
Sure, the lion is king of the jungle but airdrop him into Antarctica, & he's just a penguin's *****!

Well I brought my Hayabusa into my local dealership here in New Zealand to get my R-77 Carbon Fibre system installed as well as my R&G frame sliders put on. I have a great dealership here that basically offers me the pick of the litter when it comes to what bike I want to try out while my Busa goes under the knife.

So today I decided upon the B-King as I hadn't really paid any attention to it since it was launched with the Busa. First impressions, I think it's a type of bike that you either love it or hate the looks of it. Personally I think it looks way too big in the front end and the stock exhausts make it look like it has ears poking out the back.

But apart from that, the most important part of the bike is how it rides and how it performs. First off, it's feels like riding a dirt bike since the seating position is so straight up I felt as if I was sitting at attention. The handlebars are of a tubular nature that keeps you upright very comfortably and obviously no weight on your wrists. I suppose this bike would be best suited as a daily commuter since it's so comfortable. And lastly, the seat looks like it could take on a rather large "ass"￾et as its so wide.

The demo bike I had already had its ears clipped and a new yoshi underseat exhaust system had been fitted. Sounded nice and looked a helluva lot better. As far as power goes it doesn't have as much poke as the Busa but it still very powerful. Highway driving was interesting, I found it had little or no wind protection from basically a fairing the size of a headlight at the front of this bike and the result was that you get a much better sense of the current weather conditions than you do on the Busa.

So side-by-side the Busa and the B-King. I don't think I need to explain the virtues to anyone on this board about the Hayabusa but I'm guessing many of us haven't even looked at the B-King let alone ride it. I was surprised at how much of a totally different ride and a different bike it was. You can't help but compare them as they are using the same engine. But after that comparison all bets are off. One thing the B-King had in its favour was a stronger feeling brake system than the Hayabusa. Probably not much different between them but the B-King just felt more responsive.

Oh, as a last note, often in traffic, as you're all aware the Hayabusa gets looks of admiration and appreciation everywhere it goes. The B-King got looks too but they were mostly looks of curiosity mixed with a tinge of confusion and horror as to what the hell had pulled up next to them.

IMG_0165.gif

Well I got the Busa back later the same day with the new exhaust and the R&G Frame Sliders. I will take a closr shot of the frame sliders later today but the exhaust came out nice. I gotta say I love the smell of a new carbon fibre exhaust in the morning --noon and hell anytime
smile.gif

IMG_0168.gif

Oh yes -- One last note guys and gals out there. As much as you might think having your buddy come over to get a photo op of his new Busa next to yours make sure that the wife isn't around so that she can stand next to a totally stock machine and your Busa and then compare the two to see what mods you have added to it...
ohthedrama.gif

I don't think anything else needs to be said --
cursin.gif

IMG_0154.gif

oh man, don't be so hard on the B-King! I was really close to getting that thing because it's so comfortable for long distances. I still love it
cool.gif

if my long trips on motorcycle days were over i would go for the b king without a doubt,love that machine!!!
because of the lack of wind protection its for short trips only,after 200km wind hits you everywhere

One thing the B-King had in its favour was a stronger feeling brake system than the Hayabusa. Probably not much different between them but the B-King just felt more responsive.
This is due to the fact the B-King is fitted with a superior brake system compared to the K8.

The K8 has the same old conventional master cylinder it's always had, and Tokico radial calipers.

The B-King is fitted with a proper Nissin radial master cylinder, and it is also fitted with the awesome Nissin radial calipers. This combination has a LOT of stopping power. Sure wish Suzuki had fitted these components on the K8.

For me, the biggest single complaint with the K8's stock brake system is the dead, wooden feel/feedback when the bike still has the factory rubber lines. Substituting some high-quality stainless steel braided lines will always improve a bike's braking system, but on the K8, it literally has transformed the bike's braking into something it really needs to be. While I initially hated them, the conventional master cylinder and Tokico radial calipers affords plenty of stopping power now that they are fitted with the SS lines. Suspect the Galfer rotors and HH pads I installed also aid in the feedback department.

Nice overall writeup, Stephan. The B-King is an interesting bike, something that could even create a cult-like following.

I was looking at the B in my dealers today - the tank is literally ENORMOUS
wowold.gif

I'll get a run on one when i do my next service but owing to the lack of wind protection it'd never be a serious contender for me
thumb_down.gif

Plus I think it looks a bit crap compared to the Busa never mind the list price being the same (at least in Europe)

i dig the overall looks of the bike and i must say that the instrument cluster looks great!
beerchug.gif

I love my B-King and my 2000 Busa... I'm waiting for the day to run a 08 Busa to see how they stack up. I know the King in the 1/4 mile would eat my 2000 Busa.
<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Had a look at the new edition of AMCN yesterday and in it there's a road test between the new Busa and B-King.

Makes for very interesting reading - apparently the B-King is quicker than the Busa (off the mark at least).

It's sure to put the cat amongst the pigeons and might ruffle the feathers of a few Busa owners I suspect.

BTW really great issue this week - the road test plus a list of some of Australia's best roads plus a preview of the MotoGP season.[/quote]

here is the link to the page Busa vs B-King

Back