Awesome looking Supercharged Gen3

powerfulone

Registered
We have just finished building this awesome bike for a Dutch customer. What do you think? We have played around with cams and cam timing and made some big gains. Bike came in with Brock exhaust which is obviously working well.

DSC08459.jpg

DSC08473.jpg

DSC08503.jpg

DSC08543.jpg

gen 3 sc.jpg

We did a poll on the winglets and we had 65% for and about 30% against and a few on the fence. We like them, the bike is stable with them on and the aero dynamist who designed them has a F1 background. I just sold the last set of our first batch today, along with the same build as this one. So I'm happy.
Interesting....

Was the poll done towards your target audience?

If you look at any modified Hayabusas on this forum, you won't see many winglets even on the high hp turbo bikes.....

I have been seeing them more and more on liter bikes trying to pose as MotoGP cast offs....

What a beautiful power curve! Can only imagine grabbing a wristfull on it. Beautiful bike.
I think your poll numbers may be a bit off? Seems like 0 for and 100% against here.
I’d be interested to see some computer model rendering on them to see the flow and what if any benefits they make. Was any testing or modeling done with them?

Interesting....

Was the poll done towards your target audience?

If you look at any modified Hayabusas on this forum, you won't see many winglets even on the high hp turbo bikes.....

I have been seeing them more and more on liter bikes trying to pose as MotoGP cast offs....
You won't see them as they cost a lot of money to design and develop. Obviously the guy who owns this bike likes them as does the new customer who came on board yesterday, as do the customers buying the Superbusa's (they have the option).

You won't see them as they cost a lot of money to design and develop. Obviously the guy who owns this bike likes them as does the new customer who came on board yesterday, as do the customers buying the Superbusa's (they have the option).
Don't get me wrong, I love this bike and what your company has done to it and I whole-heartedly agree that this is what Suzuki should have made.....

I don't even like the factory winglets on the liter bikes and think they wreck the lines of the bike.

Nice looking bike, well done. I don't know if the wings are for me but they look good in this application and I can certainly see why your customers are asking for them. On the aerodynamics issue, the busa was designed to neutralize drag. That's different from using the air to increase downforce. The latter is certainly more difficult but the impact is probably not significant until some pretty high speeds so I'm guessing for many this will only be cosmetic.

I give it 2 thumbs up!

I have another gen 3 supercharged busa near completion and it will be fitted with the Maxx ecu. Greg will help me on my way with this. The accuracy of the mapping will be better but I doubt I will see any big gains over the Woolich.
Most advantageous part is it can become multifuel capable and closed loop tuned on actual a/f the refinement in which suzuki absolutely missed out on

I would love to ride it, beautiful bike. I'm imagining that we're only a few years away from having those wings be smart, ie active management.

Because now they don't make any sense at all. If you look at all the MotoGP tracks, and you have enough good data to average the speed (and lean angle) at all the apexes, I guess you can design a wing that will give you a little extra downforce on the front tire that mathematically makes sense. But the drag is going to cost you everywhere else, and especially on the straights. And you'd still have problematic drag even if you had a little servo minimizing the wing when not providing downforce.

For a street bike a fixed wing is nonsensical. You'd have to be pushing the bike much faster than I want to ride on public roads through very fast curves to get any benefit from downforce, and over a hundred miles an hour going straight on the freeway the drag would be fighting that supercharger and winning increasingly with every mile an hour you went faster. Put in simple terms, do you want a parachute that will keep you from going 200 mph? Because that's how you get a parachute that keeps you from going 200 mph (or somewhere in that neighborhood). You need somewhere longer than an airport runway to figure this out. Find your top speed with the wings, then rip them off, and I bet you gain at least 20 mph...

* Put another way, you couldn't get me on one of those really fast speed boats. Constructive interference is when two waves merge to double their height, the speedboat hits it, air gets under it at speed, and the pilot finds himself doing backflips really really unpleasantly. Other than Bonneville I would not want those wings on a bike I was going over 150 on...

Last edited:
** If I did have a supercharged busa, and I planned on going over 150 mph, I'm pretty sure I would dial up the anti-wheelie control up to 10. But I don't think the electronics would be sensitive enough to help. 400 horsepower are going to lift that nose, and at any kind of serious speed those wings are going to grab air and flip you like a pancake. Hard pass.

Back