Gen3 standalone ECU development

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
So I made some breakthroughs this weekend and have been able to get control of the stock gen3 dash, with Suzuki ecu completely removed :) kind of exciting, I have a maxx sport actually running a gen3 in my basement. Still tons of work to do, but making some progress. Anyone near Michigan looking to go standalone want to drop their bike off for a little while?

Some more Gen3 Hayabusa MaxxECU / Stock dash development today
1f642.png

Control of:
Throttle indicator
Lean indicator
Accel/decel indicator
PW 1-10
LF 1-10
TC 1-10
ABC U1 U2 U3 reading into maxx for different fuel or power management tables
In addition to already getting tach, speedo, gear, coolant etc.
This is getting exciting!

Some more Gen3 Hayabusa MaxxECU / Stock dash development today

View attachment 1657500
Control of:
Throttle indicator
Lean indicator
Accel/decel indicator
PW 1-10
LF 1-10
TC 1-10
This is getting exciting!

Hi. I am building a LSR/ street busa I have the MAXX Race H2O turbo and NOS. What would you use you dash or an 8 inch tablet. If you want call me at 508-496-3312.

If you come up with the key to an ABS delete (ECU doesn't freak out and throw lights on the dash) I would be interested in that knowledge. I've put my flame suit on for the ABS lovers out there but rear linked ABS is shame and I don't like it.

made some progress last night, I have spent countless hours/days trying to understand how the heck the EB and QS modes are set in the dash, and FINALLY have it :) I am manipulating them with the MaxxECU, not the stock ECU in this quick vid.

Control of:
Throttle indicator
Lean indicator
Accel/decel indicator
QS OFF-10
EB OFF-3
PW 1-10
LF 1-10
TC 1-10

If you come up with the key to an ABS delete (ECU doesn't freak out and throw lights on the dash) I would be interested in that knowledge. I've put my flame suit on for the ABS lovers out there but rear linked ABS is shame and I don't like it.
Won’t our bikes not even start if you unplug the abs block? I’d enjoy being able to get rid of that block and wiring as well.

If you remove the ABS, at minimum you will have no speedo. The wheel speed signals go into the ABS, are conditioned, and then go out to the engine ECU on different signal wires. Engine ecu then tells the dash (over CAN) what speed is.
Does this mean there is possibility’s/hope for a speedo healer? Or a correction ability for those of us that will end up with this standalone you’re working on? My error bugs the poop out of me.

Does this mean there is possibility’s/hope for a speedo healer? Or a correction ability for those of us that will end up with this standalone you’re working on? My error bugs the poop out of me.
I can make the speedo do whatever I tell it to with a standalone setup and control over CAN. With stock ECU thats going to be super complicated, unless you are changing the size of the front tire i dont see a need to do this. And any change you make to it from stock is likely going to make TC system think you are in slip to some extent as you have changed the signal to 1 of the 2 wheel speed sensors

I can be there right after lunch. For any of your stuff Greg I would ride that ride. Besides, why don't you just work out a remote access tuning program like Moore does, and you could plug into my bike anytime you want.:thumbsup:

Back