Standalone ecu harness swap simple?

Daniel Sanders

Registered
Im looking at an a standalone ecu that cant use the hayabusa harness, it comes with its own, it cant use the standard hayabusa dash either, but it will allow a CANbus dash

I want to know, if the lights blinkers and all the required features of the bike, can be split from the bikes harness, and discard the ecu/engine related wiring ?

with this info ill then be able to work out if its a big job or not, if its far too difficult to split it all up I might reconsider a different option, like build a second bike that might be wrecked and rebuilt it, Or look for another standalone ECU that can hook into the hayabusa harness.

The ECU im looking at is called a typoon 2 ecu, its seems its built to suit bike power cars, but works on a bike of coarse.

I think the big brands like motec can plug into the hayabusa harness, its just there very expensive $3000

I'm not an expert on this but I know there's a reason why Stand alones like Motec etc. Cost more.... because that money you save on a non "plug n play" you will spend twice that on labor and trouble shooting during the install.

Yeah I tottaly agree with you on that one, I want to try weight up the options of which way I will go with this,

A, determine how much work to split ECU wire from harness ( maybe someone knows if this is a big job or a simple job )
B, Go with a streetfighter setup, and use a CANbus dash, if all the other wiring is somewhat simple to resolve, afterall most streetfighter setups require all the ordinary wiring to be redone to a degree ( clean up and hide)
C, fork out for a Standalone
B, put some research into Gen1 to Gen2 harness conversion ( done some already, but this would prob be at bottom of the list if all else fails )

Just want to guage Option A first up, the reason is that those Typoon and torado ECU Pack a punch, I loaded the software , its quite amazing, you can build your own map resolution, down to 100 RPM
comes with traction control, built in logging. its well worth a look at the least.

Please anyone know if the ECU AND Dash is easy to be split from the rest of the bike? or is it all bound together, and requires alot of effort to unbundle it ?

There are alot of reason's. Anyone know the answer to my question ?

It's probably safe to assume that, its all tied together, It would have been a simple reply if was easy.

thanks

Back