Avon Storms on 2007 ????

vmaxmyer

Registered
Recently had a chance to put some Avon Storms on my 2007...Soooooooooo far incredible milage...Has anyone else used Avon Storms...Although not a track tire, I've no complaints through the backroad twisties...

I just ordered a set for my '08. I need a tire that I can get 8,000 miles out of :please:

This is the tire that I use. Excellent sport-touring tire. I keep getting surprised at just how much mileage you can get out of these things.

Avon_Storm_ST55_front_white.jpg

Avon_Storm_ST55_rear_white.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a bro on here that got over 12,000 miles on his.... that's what I'm going to try next :cheerleader::bowdown:

i keep a set and put them on when im going on a long ride (myrtle beach and such). really good tire for mileage and not bad for the twistes. i like dunlop qualifiers for hard riding. :beerchug:

7610 miles on this (clearly toasted) rear Storm when I yanked it off the K8....

And quite capable for occasional this. :whistle::whistle:

Img_2983_kneeslider.jpg

Been running Avon's for 40,000 miles now. This one has over 8,000 miles on it. Its being replaced today. No happy meal here :)

IMG_1653 (Medium).JPG

I bought a set and mounted them back in May of '08 and the bike had 16,100 miles on her at that time and she now has over 31,700 miles and still running the same set. Talk about serious mileage on the tires. I love them so much that I bought another set.

Last edited:
Hmmmmmmm. I'll have to take a look at 'em.

--Wag--

hey dalynchmob4, I'm the one with over 12,000 miles on them and that's back in August. I bought the set when my bike had 16,100 miles on her. She now has 31,800+ miles and still running the same set. Incredible mileage. That's all I can say.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Back