Buying tires tomorrow,Avon storms or BT-021

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
I have run 014,015 and something else, I can't remember. I have heard good things about the Avon Storms and I am using BT 021 on my CBR right now. I have always had a sticky sport tire on, even on the busa, went through 3 sets of tires last season so I need to smarten up this summer!

I am liking the 021, I know its kinda like apples and oranges comparing a CBR 600 to a busa, but you get the idea. I had Pilot roads on the CBR and I thought I was going to crash in every corner.

I hate that feeling, don't you....:whistle:

Ummm.....so lots of commuting,riding, with the odd very spirited ride,I drag fairings and pegs around corners, if that helps any. ( Not to bad for an old broad, if I do say.....:thumbsup: )

I know, I did a search, but I am looking for the LATEST feedback from you guyzzzzz.......

Thanks

I'd be careful dragging hard parts. I know a lot of people here like the Avons. I LOVE my Qualifiers, but they do flatten out pretty quick if you do a lot of slab riding.

Commuting, touring, spirited riding, no track, got the 600 for that....I commonly do 600 to 800 kilometers days when I go out riding. So that is at least once a week, usually twice in addition to ...well...just lots of riding,40,000 kilometers last year.....

If it's a choice between those 2 - Avon Storms hands down.

If it's a choice between those 2 - BT 021 hands down.

Well, I liked the BT 021 better....
:laugh:

cheers
ken

I have not run the Storms yet... I have a set, I am going to test to see for myself. Many members use them and speak of high mileage.
I would not push them hard in a corner (from what I have heard). High mile tires usually don't like to be pushed hard in the corners.
For street and track, I have used the 016. They are dual compound and work well for the street and very well on the track.
I have also used the 003 for the track only. The compound seems to close to the side compound in the 0016.
One thing (of many) to ask yourself before pushing a corner.... do I have the right tires and are they up to temperature... can they handle what I want to do.
I have a set of Continental Motions, $185 a set on Amazon. Probably does not include shipping. Supposed to be a good dual compound street tire.
Jury is still out.

I switched from the Avon storms (3 sets) to the Pirelli Angels. I am getting about 2000 more miles out of the Angels and they have a better feel to the grip in dry or wet!
If you are doing distance, i found these Angels are a better touring and cornering tire than the Storms for me. Price is comparable with the Storms and some good deals on the Angels can be had at Competition accessories on line. I get a full set for $247 TMD. Have had a new set in the garage waiting for the old ones to wear out, but they are being stubburn no matter how hard i ride..:laugh:

Thats a good question. I have tried both tires you are looking at. The 21's stuck well but wore out fast. My front tire was bald after 1000 miles with a few trips across the Cherhola. I dont think you will go wrong with either tire. The Storms have been just as good a tire for stick but with much more mileage. Good luck with your decision.

Back