Avon Storm St.

Shrews

Registered
I need new Tires on my 08 busa. I was thinking of going with the Avon Storm St Tires, Front & Back. Was wanting to hear from the riders that use them what the miles have been befor needing replaced. Also is there any change to going to a 200, such as ride, tire life, looks, ext ext. My tire miles have been in the 4000ish area. I ran the stock then a Q2. Im still runing the stock front with about 8500 miles on it. I dont do burn outs but I do excel fast alot and am a heavy guy. Plus 98% of my riding is upright highway. Thanks for the info.
Posted via Mobile Device

Still wearing out my storm on the rear. I currently have 2700 miles on it. So it's gonna be awhile before I can comment.

It has had some good reviews here along with bridgestone BT-016. You and I seem well matched. I got 5K out of the factory rear but ended up with steel belts all the way around. I probably should have changed it around 4.5K. It will probably be spring before I wear this one out.

I like my Storms. Right at 3k and still going strong with plenty of tread. Last fall meet/greet, rode 2.5 hours in the driving rain, they did good. They handle well, and I ride hard(not has hard as macon) 2-up. :beerchug: This will be my next set as well, when these wear out.

I'm on my third set of Avon storms. Currently i have 4500 on the rear and should get about that much more before I need to replace. I feel confident on them in the rain and they wear good on the flats. I'm 6' 230#. The stock 190/55 works good for me.
Storms dont really have a traditional tread wear bar, but i have found that there is a thin skinny tread that runs perpendicular to the other treads and when it disapears, it's time to change them up. Some people have said they take loger to heat up, but i have never did any testing on that.

I run Storms on my Busa and my Bandit. I'm lost track of how many I've bought over the years. I get 7000-8000 out of a set. Ace, they have traditional wear bars.

IMG_3346[1] (Medium).JPG

I run them on my b-king and the busa, here is what I have to say

-with correct air pressure and the flat roads around here, the rear tire on the king is flat spotted bad after only 2000 miles, lots of tread left but a bad flat spot.

- in the cold, yea Iowa cold 45 degrees and under they are slick.

- when its warm they hook good and due just fine.

I will try a different tire when the time comes but with 3000 on the busa with the storms they dont show really any signs of wear so thats a plus, I bet I can get 10,000 plus out of them

no tires is perfect, just gotta see what works good for you

They are a good all around tire. You should double your mileage with Storms over the stock tire and do even better than that over the Q's. The Q's are softer and stickier, but there are always trade offs.

Avon Storms :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
If your doing most of your miles on the highway. I would suggest the shinko ravens 009. I know I am going to get grilled for recommeding these tires. There cheap on price and excellent for high mileage.

Last edited:
If your doing most of your miles on the highway. I would suggest the shinko ravens 009. I know I am going to get grilled for recommeding these tires. There cheap on price and excellent for high mileage.

I'm running these with no problem. I ride almost everyday, mostly slabbing it to and from work with no problems. I wouldn't try burning up curves at 100 mph but for the riding I do they work real well.

I'm running one on the back now (the 200) and the composition is much harder. You will get many more miles on them vs. the other softer brands, but honestly for the type of riding I do on the twisties I will be switching back to the Power Pro's. It all depends on the type of driving you like to do. Personally I like the softer composition for the curves, but you don't get the mileage on them that you would the harder compound Avon. They also seem to take longer to warm up and I've noticed the bike wants to break loose more often when hitting the throttle in first or second instead of standing up like it did with the Power Pro's.

Back