Avon Storm ST

dave1000x

Registered
Managed to just scrape 1900miles out of the oe bridgestone 56's and just had new Avon Storm ST hoops fitted and wow what a difference. Turn in is much quicker and loads of grip, as long as they last it looks like money well spent. Anybody else used these.
smile.gif

Before I got my Busa I had FJR's and ran Avon ST until I found the Michelin pilot roads. Have you ever tried the Michelins?.

Never tried em was always a bridgestone man till i got the busa. I asked my tyre guy what he recommended and i ended up with the Avons £30.00 cheaper than the pilots for the pair. Just hope they last! How do you rate the Pilots?

Hi Dave, I fitted some Avons around 6-7 weeks ago, did around 600 miles or so then rode thru France and Spain to the Algarve and back thru Andorra, around 3700 miles, I've still got them on, now with almost 5000 miles on them. The front is on its way out but theres a bit left in the back one although it is squared off a bit. Recommended!
smile.gif

Cheers Kev i thought i was in for a painful year to the pocket if those 56's were anything to go off. Result
beerchug.gif

(dave1000x @ Jun. 28 2007,12:02) Cheers Kev i thought i was in for a painful year to the pocket if those 56's were anything to go off. Result
beerchug.gif
The first year I had mine I spent almost £800  trying to keep it in tyres. I used to run a Pirelli mix, a Dragon Evo front and a Dragon GTS rear, liked them a lot. Had maybe 4 or 5 sets, good for at least 4-4500 miles. I also had a Bridgestone mix a few years back, an 010 front and an 020 rear, these tyres have been updated since, ok but I preffered the Pirelli's. Nearly ready for some more this year, might try the Avon Storms next.
smile.gif

Back