Avon Storm 2 Ultra Sport Touring Radials

det45

Registered
I just bought two Avon Storm 2 Ultra Sport Touring Radials AV 55 ST & AV 56 ST. Purchased both tires for $326.56 which includes shipping. What do you all think about these tires and the price for a Gen 2 Hayabusa? Hopefully I made the right purchase.......det45 :thumbsup:

Heres some pics of the Avons, bought the 200 for the rear......det45

Avon_Storm2_Ultra.jpg

I am guessing that you have researched pricing/performance before you made the purchase. If YES, then you made the right purchase :)

P.S. After much research/reading here, I went with Pirelli Angels for $218 shipped (F+R)., could not afford the Avon Storm. Hope sleepless chimes in soon since he's a fan of Avon Storms.

I've got about a thousand miles on mine after a good review from Sleepless.
So far all I can say is they really feel 'softer' down the road than the Michelins I had.
I paid around 275-300 for mine so your price is good.
You won't regret buying them for sure.

I've looked all over the internet for these, I was going to try a set for winter riding(as the roads are cold and I'm not pushing it). From what I've seen you might have saved $10 a set on a sale somewhere, Storms are high everywhere. Seems like you got a good deal.

I've got about a thousand miles on mine after a good review from Sleepless.
So far all I can say is they really feel 'softer' down the road than the Michelins I had.
I paid around 275-300 for mine so your price is good.
You won't regret buying them for sure.

How are they wearing?

arent those the same one on Pashnit's site. Saying 250.00 How much did it cost to ship them.

Happy with my Avons and I get a few more miles on them than the Michelin PPs. But wasn't happy with BikeBandit. Had to pay shipping which I'm not use to doing and was promised 3 days shipping and it took closer to two weeks. Got an email stating they weren't in stock and had to ship from warehouse or something of that nature. Got shipping points for the next order :dunno:

arent those the same one on Pashnit's site. Saying 250.00 How much did it cost to ship them.

Can't remember the break down for shipping but go to bike bandit and they will give you a shipping price depending on your zip code.....det45

How are they wearing?

Well with only 1k or so on them I can't really say much .
The rear is still round and shows no signs of a Florida flatspot yet :)
Front still looks new.
I'm not the best person to ask as far as handling and wear goes.
I can say that the bike is more comfortable with them than the Michelins I had though.

Back