ATTN: Shorty Exhaust Owners !!

Bosshound

Donating Member
Registered
I have the Lord Homongous Exhaust SILENT Killers that are Not So Silent. I Gotta Admit I LOVE the Sound. Little LOUD but I am Also Getting Old. But that is another Story. Did You Notice a Lose of Torque in the Midrange Area ?

Do Shorty Exhaust Take Torque Away ???

Thanks !!!!!!!!! and Please Don't Flame me For Liking the Lord Humongous Stuff :rulez:

PS: "Merry Christmas, Happy Hanika, etc............." :please:

I was stock when i put my stubbies on and it seemed to have more pep after the install and didnt smell any raw fuel and gas milage stayed the same if i drove normal. So i would say no to any torque loss.

I'll bet its not so much a lessening of torque as a flat spot thru a certain rev range due to the difference in back pressure with OE air fuel mixtures and ignition. Any motor can be tuned for its exhaust though.

It's really an open debate on having shorties on bike with no tuning. Biggest concern was running to lean and over time causing engine damage. Stock tune was designed to run with a certain amount of back pressure. Others claim that with stock headers this isn't that big of issue due to them being restrictive.

Best is if you do use your bike for play(REVing RPM's) to get it "Custom Tuned". $2-300 is cheap insurance compared to an engine rebuild with replacing stuff like the valves. No need to buy a Power Commander(if don't have already) unless you plan on adding more stuff to bike. Can just have your stock computer flashed.

I use to have Shorties and ended up taking them off later on due the loudness getting to me over time. Miss the look though. Bike did seem to react a little differently. BTW maybe due the "Pair Valve Bock-off" or "Marble Mod". That will help on the noise some on the Deceleration. It's the anti-backfire Mod. Will help retain that deeper sound rather then popping sound. However there are people who say doing this to bike without a tune can be harmful over time too. :please::whistle::please:

Hope this helps answer your question without a :flamethrowing:

I had a Yoshi 4-2-1 full system (power commander) and swapped the Yoshi can for the Voodoo shorty. Mounted it right to my header pipe. I did notice a loss of torque down low but that was with the tune for the Yosh can. I did a rough tune myself to get rid of the rough idle and it was a little better but still not torque(y?). It is a little too loud, even with the baffle. I hear they have a silencer now that lowers the decibles 8db's?

I have the Lord Homongous Exhaust SILENT Killers that are Not So Silent. I Gotta Admit I LOVE the Sound. Little LOUD but I am Also Getting Old. But that is another Story. Did You Notice a Lose of Torque in the Midrange Area ?

Thanks !!!!!!!!! and Please Don't Flame me For Liking the Lord Humongous Stuff :rulez:

you only lose midrange power with Lord Homongous exhaust!:laugh:
just kidding!
i have roaring toyz shorty full system and running strong, i don't feel any loss of torque or hp. the only thing i see a little different is throttle response.

Whose ram air sys.? Also i had a good look at the stock header and for a split dual exhaust header i cant say that it is restrictive. I mean the bends could be better but i see no restriction unless the diameter is just too small.

Rule #1. Anytime you make any modification to the way a motor breaths or ignites?...air/fuel ratios should be re-addressed and properly re-tuned/mapped.

Rule #2. What you are looking to achieve is "strong", "consistant" and?...

SMOOOOOOOTH!!!

throttle response...at any rev...and?..."from"....any rev....with the ability to hold and maintain consistant power while held at any throttle position...free of surges and bogs of any sort.

to add?...completely removing a tuned stock exhausts midpipe and dual epa rated cannister mufflers cerrtainly constitutes a major modification...

i.e.?: you need to re-tune your busa to it's current, recently and signifigantly modified exhaust.

L8R, Bill. :cool:

PS: Oh and...Trust me...it'll be bucks well worth spending.

Haven't noticed any loss of torque....if anything mine feels to accelerate harder with my short exhaust vs the oem. As for noise, get a set of baffles and install them, they make a difference in the noise dept.

I have the 2Bros m2 shorty system on my 07. As far as loss of torque goes--there is none-my bike seems much punchier in the midrange. I had the bike at 6k rpm in 4th gear and I hit it and it threw me back hard (almost threw me off!). Throttle response is also much touchier than it used to be.

Last edited:
For S&Gs I removed my Yosh RS-3 bolt-ons and middies. I'm running w/ stock headers, a PC III-USB w/ Yosh bolt-on map, PV removed, block off plates installed and Smart TRE w/ GI Pro in OFF Postition.

It temporarily stumbles off the line down low from a dead stop in low RPMS, but when the RPMs get going and at highway speeds it responds very well...i.e. at high speeds/RPM I feel no loss at all.

Having stated that, please note I'm still using the RS3 bolt-on map because I believe it is more rich than the stock map and will help prevent it from running too lean. I have yet to install exhaust tips that I like...whatever tips you use should have 1 7/8" ID and they will fit nice and snug over your existing header.

We're talking about Bosshound's (Robert's) 2008 folks. Raydog

Back