shorty exhaust?

bowhunter84

Registered
i'm considering putting a shorty exhaust on my bike but i'm concerned about the noise. i dont want anything to loud. a little louder than stock would be ok.
anyone have any recommendations as to which ones might fit what i'm looking for?

anyone have any video of what they sound like?

Just put some auto zone shortys on mine only cost 15 dollars but I should've put it toward an alien head its screaming way to loud for around town .......looks good though
Posted via Mobile Device

I've never heard a shorty exhaust that was only "a little" louder than stock. I think they all have a pretty significant noise level. A nice compromise might be the M4 Retro Drag slip-ons like I have, but they're still nowhere near as quiet as stock.

My rs3 sounded great gutted just were not loud enough for me but shorty sound like crap
Posted via Mobile Device

Shorties sound great but like Chattanogabusa said, they are going to be loud. I had the Voodoo shorties and they were too loud. I purchased baffles for them and they were okay. I now have the Brock's Alienhead, for about a week now. It is a bit loud when you open it up. The noise is reasonable at low RPM's.

Videos and soundclips are ok, but you'll never know exactly what any pipe really sounds like unless you here it in person. Going to track/dragstrip is a great way to hear a variety.
As mentioned, the Alienhead is awesome. Big power, great sound, quiet cruising and loud when you nail it.
If you're considering tips(even with baffles)just remove you're mufflers/midpipes and go for a ride, that's just what they sound like.:beerchug: No good for power gains either.

I shortened up these two brothers and they are still pretty quiet as far as I'm concerned. Not shorty tips but your not gonna find any tips that aren't loud.

And you can hear the birds in beginning so it is fairly accurate on sound.

- ‪06 Red Busa‬‏[/url]

DSCN7053.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Full single exhaust, full dual exhaust, or just slipons? What do you like the looks of?
These are some cheap gen1 2Brothers slipons on my gen2. I cut about 6" off of them and the sound is alot deeper and a little louder, and I don't like loud exhaust either...unless it's someone else's bike:laugh:
Any muffler(s) can be cut shorter for looks and sound:thumbsup:

SDC11031.jpg

SDC11047.jpg

I shortened up these two brothers and they are still pretty quiet as far as I'm concerned. Not shorty tips but your not gonna find any tips that aren't loud.

And you can hear the birds in beginning so it is fairly accurate on sound.

- ‪06 Red Busa‬‏[/url]

There's a reason 2Brothers are offering their mufflers short like this now too...because they look great!:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
im looking at doing just slip ons. i like the looks of the little shorty pipes but i know they are going to be way to loud.

Back