ATTN: POST HO's....

I like it here....After a long day at work, it is a great release, meeting the great people here is a gift.

I have made a few great friends here and would like everyone to remember what is important.
I have seen a lot of bad things in my career in LE.
Picking up the dead children at the Murrah Building is burned into my memory.
I will never forget the many fatality crashes I had to work. (too many)
To stand over a lifeless body knowing after all the twisted metal and wreckage is cleared and everyone leaves the scene, my partners and I had to tell the families.
Nothing is worse than knocking on a families door in the middle of the night to deliver a death notification.
In the daytime it is different. When we pull up to a house, Dad is outside mowing the yard.. Mom is in the house. You have to tell them their daughter away at collage has died in a traffic collision.
Let's use our time and energy to make new friends and enjoy the freedom of riding the open road.
Enjoy your family and friends.
Yesterday is a canceled check........tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Remember what is important....let the unimportant things go unsaid...

My two cents
God bless you all, I look forward to meeting you...

I like it here....After a long day at work, it is a great release, meeting the great people here is a gift.

I have made a few great friends here and would like everyone to remember what is important.
I have seen a lot of bad things in my career in LE.
Picking up the dead children at the Murrah Building is burned into my memory.
I will never forget the many fatality crashes I had to work. (too many)
To stand over a lifeless body knowing after all the twisted metal and wreckage is cleared and everyone leaves the scene, my partners and I had to tell the families.
Nothing is worse than knocking on a families door in the middle of the night to deliver a death notification.
In the daytime it is different. When we pull up to a house, Dad is outside mowing the yard.. Mom is in the house. You have to tell them their daughter away at collage has died in a traffic collision.
Let's use our time and energy to make new friends and enjoy the freedom of riding the open road.
Enjoy your family and friends.
Yesterday is a canceled check........tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Remember what is important....let the unimportant things go unsaid...

My two cents  
God bless you all, I look forward to meeting you...
your right. that was also very well said.

my boxes. are they really gone.
they should have left them there to make you sweat a little more
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

please.gif
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take my little boxes away
sadnews.gif
You have earned those boxes Chris, enjoy them.
beerchug.gif

Consider the source of them
wowold.gif
OK, I'll bite, what exactly does that mean? "consider the source of them"
rock.gif

I'll say again, anyone else have some little something they need to get off their chests lets here it, otherwise the passive aggressive (or at least it reads passive aggressive) stuff needs to stop. It's lame.

Or am I still reading into things?
sadnews.gif
I'm just not a fan of how you handle the role of Admin. I think you guys should set a standard and be a role model for the rest of us. Maybe you think the sarcasm and insults are funny, but it's not how I veiw the role of Admin, but then again, what do I know...I'm just an old f@rt that likes to ride
winkold.gif
Well I appreciate you having the stones to at least step up and let me know how you feel...

It says a lot about you being a stand up guy.

Now then,
winkold.gif
I dunno just what the hell everyone thinks a moderator is or does, or what mythical standard they should be held too, but by and large they are folks that spent too much time on the board and got themselves drafted or they volunteered.

Yeah I volunteered, thought I could be helpful and I do a fair bit of thread consolidating, editing, moving, deleting and I answer a lot of PMs. Oddly enough from folks needing a hand most of the time and I answer them promptly and do what I can. This is what I do most of the time, and it's stuff you all never see.

It would be FANTASTIC if EVERYONE loved me and my style, if I was there to glad hand and pat everyone on the back and play gentle music on the harp to sooth the nerves. Unfortunately I dunno how to play a harp and there are occasionally things to do which are going to be unpopular and I am frequently the one to go ahead and step in. Yippa.

There is this perception that I am some power tripping, power abusing Net thug... It's just not the case. I might tell someone to go get fugged, but it's got nothing to do with me being a moderator. I haven't truly abused what little bit of "authority" I might have once. I have handed out a warning in jest once about 6 months ago, but I don't go around deleting threads that offend me, or aren't going my way. I make mistakes sure, I'm just some guy after all, but I'm not some malicious little kid either. Just a rider.

So, I may not fit some folks version of what an admin "should" be and to be honest I don't care, this isn't some high and mighty office, I'm here to help, a moderator, there's no "power" here and I do what I can...

I'm still going to jump into threads and offer my .02 when I feel like it, I will likely poke fun at someone, or let someone know when they are being ignorant, especially if they are dispensing information as if they are authorities, love it or hate it I'm honest and upfront. That's not going to change, I don't ask anyone to just sit there and love me for it, no no tell me about it, it can be fun or it can be heated, but at least it'll keep the air clean. I appreciate getting the same treatment in return.

The passive aggressive lets smear Revlis comments aren't becoming and don't solve anything, they can give the impression that I am not helpful or approachable and this isn't good...

Thanks again for just SAYING what you're thinking, I wish more folks would do so...

Cheers Sir.

ThumbsUp.gif

sadnews.gif

winkold.gif

WOW, we need a chorus of "We Are Family". And A verse of the Barney Song.
thumb_up.gif
Ok all together now, I Love You.........

Hey Rev, if it means a thing, you are a stand up guy that is more than willing to voice your opin whether it is the popular one or not... (I have been accused of this on one or 2 occasions myself)

Thanks for holding your line and biting the bullet when necessary..... (probably not going to make me any more popular huh?)

I'm still going to jump into threads and offer my .02 when I feel like it, I will likely poke fun at someone, or let someone know when they are being ignorant, especially if they are dispensing information as if they are authorities, love it or hate it I'm honest and upfront.  That's not going to change, I don't ask anyone to just sit there and love me for it, no no tell me about it, it can be fun or it can be heated, but at least it'll keep the air clean.  I appreciate getting the same treatment in return.
I have to agree with your sentiments on most of what you said Revlis, heres' what I think...
I have come to rely, appreciate, respect and depend on the Admins for many things since I joined, you are the ones who put things together to help folks, consolidate ideas, tips, trick etc all in the betterment of the community. As such, I think, by most, that Admins are seen at a higher level than maybe you guys can appreciate most of the time. So, when an Admin "calls you out" in front of the community, it's almost like the teacher sending you to the corner with the dunce cap and no one ever liked that...recently I had a "run in" of sorts with an Admin and I did not appreciate the way it was handled, deleting my posts was frankly stepping over the line, so yeah in instances you guys are human and you overreact to our involvement, but thats to be expected we don't expect you to be gods.
The difference is Revlis YOU actually ARE taking the time to stay here and make sure you sort this out for the benefit of all, if I did not thank you before for that, I do now. I do understand that we need to curtail, but to generalize and claim that a person is or was hoin, just because they are KNOWN to be a post ho, demeans and belittles their contribution from the start.
Personally, if Im ever out of line, PM me and dicuss with me the who's and why's, hell call me were all adults and my number is listed, but, since you accepted the job play the role, guide, teach and lead... and dont hide behind the Admin role, then you WILL be seen as a bully.
I quoted part of your message because that's also the way I feel...
peace.gif

I'm still going to jump into threads and offer my .02 when I feel like it, I will likely poke fun at someone, or let someone know when they are being ignorant, especially if they are dispensing information as if they are authorities, love it or hate it I'm honest and upfront.  That's not going to change, I don't ask anyone to just sit there and love me for it, no no tell me about it, it can be fun or it can be heated, but at least it'll keep the air clean.  I appreciate getting the same treatment in return.
I have to agree with your sentiments on  most of what you said Revlis, heres' what I think...
I have come to rely, appreciate, respect and depend on the Admins for many things since I joined, you are the ones who put things together to help folks, consolidate ideas, tips, trick etc all in the betterment of the community. As such, I think, by most, that Admins are seen at a higher level than maybe you guys can appreciate most of the time. So, when an Admin "calls you out" in front of the community, it's almost like the teacher sending you to the corner with the dunce cap and no one ever liked that...recently I had a "run in" of sorts with an Admin and I did not appreciate the way it was handled, deleting my posts was frankly stepping over the line, so yeah in instances you guys are human and you overreact to our involvement, but thats to be expected we don't expect you to be gods.
The difference is Revlis YOU actually ARE taking the time to stay here and make sure you sort this out for the benefit of all, if I did not thank you before for that, I do now. I do understand that we need to curtail, but to generalize and claim that a person is or was hoin, just because they are KNOWN to be a post ho, demeans and belittles their contribution from the start.
Personally, if Im ever out of line, PM me and dicuss with me the who's and why's, hell call me were all adults and my number is listed, but, since you accepted the job play the role, guide, teach and lead... and dont hide behind the Admin role, then you WILL be seen as a bully.
peace.gif
okay you've had your free time now take your
banana.gif
and get back in your cage
laugh.gif

monkey_cage.jpg

Ahh, banannas... you do know how to calm the monkey don't you ok I will sit here in my cage and eat...hopefully I won't have to sling poop at anybody
cool.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still going to jump into threads and offer my .02 when I feel like it, I will likely poke fun at someone, or let someone know when they are being ignorant, especially if they are dispensing information as if they are authorities, love it or hate it I'm honest and upfront. That's not going to change, I don't ask anyone to just sit there and love me for it, no no tell me about it, it can be fun or it can be heated, but at least it'll keep the air clean. I appreciate getting the same treatment in return.
I have to agree with your sentiments on most of what you said Revlis, heres' what I think...
peace.gif
I appreciate it, and I think you makes a valid point regarding the the way admins are looked at on the forum and the effect I can have when teeing off on someone because I've got that "admin" under my name. The "teacher sending you to the corner" thing strikes a chord.

I'm still not going to be professor friendly, but how about I try and make it really really clear when I am not discussing something as an Admin? When I am speaking as myself...

As for the "hiding" behind the Admin thing, I try really hard to make certain that is NOT the perception because I tend to be pretty out there, over the top. I want it made clear that anyone telling me to get fugged, to take a walk or simply calling me on the carpet when I am going off about something isn't going to result in any official action. I appreciate folks calling me on my own BS cause who else will?
Unless, I'm trying to handle board business, and I am trying to get something useful accomplished which isn't very often.
wowold.gif

As for the Ho's, there is not one single thing WRONG with Ho'in it up. As Ninja eater Said we've all done it, lots of us are here doing it and that's cool. The only thing I ask is to NOT post HO in other peoples threads, and please do not start dozens of new Post ho threads. That's all I've been asking.

Thanks a bunch.

Rev

Has everyone pulled up their big girl panties on this one?
rofl.gif

Damn, I miss the best opportunities to poke fun...
tounge.gif

Back