ATL OR GEORGIA MEMBERS

We might want to re-think the route since it's October-fest in Helen... went through there today, took about 10 minutes... not too bad except it was HOT in full leathers... it could still be a place to stop for lunch if we want to put up with that traffic.... especially for those who have never been to Helen, GA...

My cuz told me if I ever ventured down to GA to let him know once I got over the state line and he would make sure I wasn't troubled on my way in. He's the law down in those parts. One day I will plan a trip down that way. Have fun and be safe.

From what I have been hearing...there was a few accidents up there is weekend, one fatality... It's not looking good for the N. GA mountains... Makes me think twice about running the loops up there, may be too many people, it's fall you know...

The other route I took today was awesome and very little traffic...

We might want to re-think the route since it's October-fest in Helen... went through there today, took about 10 minutes... not too bad except it was HOT in full leathers... it could still be a place to stop for lunch if we want to put up with that traffic.... especially for those who have never been to Helen, GA...
I was in Helen all afternoon Saturday...it was pretty busy and the word was it was going to be busier this weekend with the Georgia Mountain Fair fall festival getting underway.

I will be bringing with me a friend, Brian, who has owned GSXRs in the past but just got a new 07 black busa last week, another friend, Matt, with a 07 GSXR 600, George on a ST 1300, Kevin on a Boulavard, and hope to meet up with Don, Rayabusa0818, and Bob, Learjett, in Ocooee. Sounds like we are going to have a good ride. Should be a great day.

Ok, just thought I would put a little ride plan together...  I figured it would be something good to get some input.  I really don't care what we do, I will ride anywhere.  

It sounds like Suches (T.W.O.) is going to be the starting point.  I think it was decided to make it 10am.  Kickstands up at 10:30, so get fuel and be ready to ride.  Speaking of which, Dales has fuel just across the road.

The first Leg.

Leave TWO, head East on 60 to the "rock pile", turn left onto hwy 19, which will take us to "Turners Corner" take a left on hwy 129 (yea, same road as the GAP), head up Blood Mountain to the hikers store (Neels GAP), we may want to elimate that stop, continue until we can get to hwy 180 (East), head up to Brasstown Blad (highest point in GA), head down and over towards Helen via Hwy 75 (not I-75), into Helen for lunch and ice cream.  It looks like Helen is going to be busy, but that just means there will be more people to "people watch".  This first leg is 55 miles, but it's a good 55 miles, should take us about 2 hours if we stop at Brasstown Blad.

Here is the map (Leg 1)

SuchestoHelen-Leg1.jpg

Leg 2 is coming up next...

Leg 2
Leave Helen take Alt Hwy 75 (I think that's the Alt one) but take that road to Richard Russell Highway, take that back across towards hwy 180, take 180 west (which turnes into Wolf Pen Gap Rd, pretty tight twisties) to Suches.
This leg is only about 30 miles, but it seams much longer than that...maybe I just ride slow.

Leg 2
SuchestoHelen-Leg2.jpg

I know it sounds short... I'm up for suggestions, I know have the journey is just getting there so that may be enough. You all tell me more. I am trying to make it so that we don't ride the roads that we all have riden in on (for the most part)...

I'm up for any road! I just got back from Mexico Beach FL on the busa...313 miles of nothing but straights...I think my chicken planks have come back!

after the day I had today I think I need to call in the rest of the week and just ride, a good source of stress relief and anger relief.
crazy.gif

Back