Atacked by a water heater!

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Last night we noticed our hot water heater leaking a little before we went to bed, I put a towel down to keep it from spreading and was going to deal with it today. I got up about 5am to check on it and the little leak had gotten bigger and started to flow into the carpet. Even though we had a pan under the hotwater tank the water was coming out so fast that it was flowing over the top of the pan. I spent all day working on this and as you all know sometimes you lose fixing things yourself and sometimes if you are lucky you can beat the monster and save a buck or two without having to call a pro. You guys know what its like to not have the proper fittings, the hardware store closing in 20 minutes while your stuck in traffic and then the little drip that just wont stop.....

Here is pretty much how my day went starting at 6am and ending about 4pm... My pictorial view of the day....

What it was like at 6am
KNG_4977.jpg

About 11am
KNG_4972.jpg

And finally warm water flowing throughout the house.
KNG_4981.jpg

KNG_4977.jpg

KNG_4972.jpg

KNG_4981.jpg

Now for getting the floor repaired :laugh:

I hope you dried that carpet and padding well, or pulled it up partner. Mildew sux, rotted floors and termites really sux

Now for getting the floor repaired :laugh:

I hope you dried that carpet and padding well, or pulled it up partner. Mildew sux, rotted floors and termites really sux

Carpet is drying, we have concrete floors...

Reminded me of a certain Mythbusters episode.. :whistle:
:rofl:
[URL="
[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to replace my water heater last year. Great fun aren't they? :banghead:

Water heater death must be catching...we replaced ours about 2 weeks ago. Of course since ours is in the attic, we brought in the professionals to lug it up and down stairs.

Back