Todays project: New Water Heater

Dan

Married to HRH Grammy
Donating Member
Registered
After 11 years (6 year warranty) our water heater has finally given up. The good news is it didn't leak or burst, it just quit making hot water. It's been on the downhill slide for a while so not a big suprise, but still a hastle because it's in the attic. :banghead:

I have an natural gas-powered instantaneous hot water system. It's way cheaper to run than an electric system and I can shower for as long as I want. 1/2 hour showers are the norm.

I have an natural gas-powered instantaneous hot water system. It's way cheaper to run than an electric system and I can shower for as long as I want. 1/2 hour showers are the norm.

We're replacing a natural gas one so it's pretty cheap to run. Do you have the tankless kind? I've heard good and bad about those, like spurts of cold water sneaking in from time to time.

However, the installation on those is kind of pricy and current employment status may dictate sticking to the traditional kind.

We're replacing a natural gas one so it's pretty cheap to run. Do you have the tankless kind? I've heard good and bad about those, like spurts of cold water sneaking in from time to time.

However, the installation on those is kind of pricy and current employment status may dictate sticking to the traditional kind.

Yeah, it's tankless. It's one of the Rinnai ones, and our State Government gave us a massive rebate for having it installed, since they want people to use gas instead of electricity. All up, I think we paid about $2500 for it, including installation, and it's been worth every penny!
We have never had any issues with cold water coming through it.

Sorry about that guys. Do you have a home warranty? We have one in our attic as well, and one in the garage.

We've been her long enough that the house is out of warranty.

hope everything goes smooth without any complications...then, you can have a nice hot shower :beerchug:

We've been her long enough that the house is out of warranty.

For around $300-400 a year you can get a home warranty on your home no matter how old it is. Heck, our house was built in 1977 and they didn't even blink an eye when giving us a contract. Depending on the company you use there is a service fee, ours is $60.00. If they can't fix it they replace it. I've lived here 10 years and I've had my heating unit replaced, water heater replaced, leaking pipes in the foundation fixed, stove top fixed, dryer fixed twice and a few other things I can't remember right now.

We mainly keep it for our A/C unit but it's been very useful for other things.

Thanks, Dawn! We built our house and moved in in 2000, so it's getting to be about time for things to start wearing out. I like to think that we've taken good care of everything. I'll definitely look into a home warranty. It would really suck to have to replace our AC in August some time.

nooooo not the water heater...Its ok we're gonna call plumb line....Noooo not the undertaker why why (man crying)

Sorry a commercial that plays out here over and over again, i hear it in my head everytime i hear water heater

I am fixing to haft to replace my water heater and heating and air unit. Glad I am getting a little money back from income tax. Something always keeps me from getting a new bike. O well, mine only has63000 miles on it, just getting broke in real good. Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Water heater is replaced. I wimped out and paid for the installation.

Good thing it didn't burst, bein the attic, that would have been a mess.....
Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

Back