Asking for your Opinions

FastBusa

Donating Member
Registered
I am looking to buy a zero turn mower, most important I want something to last! The Toro is too light duty, and so far I loke the 54" John Deer. Anyone have good or bad luck with any of them???
Faster mowing = More time on the BUSA!!

Thanks for any help.

I was thinking about getting the craftmen zero turn. I have had a craftsmen lawnmower that I have beat the hell out of and it keeps asking for more.

Frosty of the abusive tool relatioship.
firedevil.gif

He's right DIXIE CHOPPER for sure. I borrowed my brother in laws and cut 3 acres in about an hour with it. Awesome mowers.
thumb_up.gif

dixie chopper is the biggest piece of junk on the market,welll besides dixon all banjo strings holding it together, trust me i have seen there product for the last 6 years. the best out there is gravley/ferris/hustler/grashopper. stay away from the dixie choppers.

Dixie is very good, Many of the pros use them around here(and you can put a 1250 hp jet motor on it too-- "Tool Time")
beerchug.gif

Exmark is also top quality.
Stay away from Deere, they are made in China.
thumb_down.gif

Get the biggest HP on the motor you can, it will last MUCH longer, and use less fuel.(really,It just lugs along)
It will be idling most of the time.
I know, I've been doing this for 28 years now. Mine has 74" cut and a 35 HP Wisconsin V-twin on it.

Oh yeah, Don't buy one if it does not have Hydrostatic drive.

Finally a subject I actually know a little about.
laugh.gif

Just my
2cents.gif
worth

I have a 50" dixie chopper and it is awesome. No problems and is fun to cut with. Will also cut some tough stuff.

When I was doing lawn care work, I had a couple of "Great Dane" mowers. They were dependable, easy to work on and had a nice clean cut at a good speed. I had both a 4' and a 5' deck models. I also had a 7' "Grasshopper" mower that was slow and prone to breaking down.

Attachments

• fe.bmp
    179.8 KB · Views: 154
My buddy has a Deer zeroturn. I think its the a 72" cut. I think he said it can run 15mph . My 56" Craftsman only runs a top speed of 5 or so.
I dont know how well it cuts at top speed. But buy Gator Blades for whatever you buy.
And he loves his Deer ZT. Built to last but pricy. My Craftsman will last as long. But its like a Harley, slo.

I see a lot of Deere Z-turns on the commercial mower trailers here abouts. JD mowers and Stihl weed eaters seem to be the brands of choice.
I on the other hand, know nothing about it personally. I have a small yard and can mow it with a 20" Wal Mart mower in 25 minutes. Gave $99 for it 7 years ago, still runs fine.:laugh:

Back