As an intelligent nation, do we pl

Every generation is smarter? I SERISOUSLY doubt that. Maybe contains a larger quantity of worthless knowledge, but actually using it for anything or having common sense?

Our society caters to the stupid... everything more automated, more dumbed down, user friendly - you dont have to think about shutting your lights off, you dont have to plan wiht a scheduler... all these "Conveniences" cause lack of brain activity. No one even HAS TO BE smarter, it's all dumbed down. I may have to research the smartness of currnet generations. If you mean the "Millenials" that's a lost generation right there. I doubt any of the stupid ones read here [busa owners are statistaclly smart people] so I'm not worried offending them. The facts speak up about Millenials all over the place.

We are all ALLOWING ourselves to be dumbed down for the sake of convenience, reguardless of obtained education levels. I know several MBA's that I consider idiots - I would not hire them nor work for them.

Vic, if you get the urge, look up some info on smarter generations and PM me the links or post here is ya want.

"Transgendered and professional motor sports just don't go together."

make mine a blond!
laugh.gif

There is NO scientific proof either way about how genetics may or may not affect gender preferences or sexual orientation. That is the only fact upon which we can safely rely.

Ergo, we just don't frickin' know.

--Wag--

I'm feeling you WWJD!

Guys we're talking about the opinions of people who put their trust in science (fairy tale big boom) and faith (Mystic being sitting on a throne leading and guiding us daily-if we adhere).

It's oil and water and you reach new levels when you realize a creator created science for the better of His species, but when it's used to altar the order of creation (not sickness) it's saying I can do a better job than you God.  

There are more holes in science than faith baby, example where are the species of men that are at the mid point of evolution from ape>man & why doe apes still exist?  IF we had to evolve, why didn't apes cease to exist?  I'm sure science has an answer for that one also.

I'm sure everyone on the board owns a wrist watch (some much nicer than others I'm sure).  Now my wrist watch was made when they put all the parts in a shoe box with a grenade and blew the box to bits.  Well the end product was my wrist watch.  That's also how I got my house and car, now does that make GOOD COMMON SINCE?  Nope, not to me and even before I became a Christian it made no since to me.  I had questions about God too and what I was taught, but He has answered and continues to answer my questions.  Why? because I'm seeking Him for Him, not for what He can give me (information, material things, virgins/concubines, etc.)

Now, because I have had no struggle in this area, I can't identify with someone who struggles with gender confusion or homosexuality, but I can say the he whom the son sets free is free indeed.  

I Corinthian 6:9-10 - 9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

As I taught in my church this past weekend this scripture applies the EVERYONE!!! including those wearing the title of "Christian", but have no lifestyle to reflect their profession!

God bless

why is it that everytime someone cant explain something, god did it? Take your watch can you tell me where the metal and plastic came from, exactly where and how? The lack of an explination does not make something devine.

Everytime someone says God did something, what I really hear is I dont know and cant explain it so to make me feel better I will make up an answer "God".

sorry for the derail
beerchug.gif

(Vic_E55_2001 @ May 17 2007,17:flamethrowing:)
(dadofthree @ May 17 2007,13
super.gif
) Let me know if you ever figure out that growing thingy, because I'm told size matters  
laugh.gif

blush.gif
Believe me I know size matters..  
jump9.gif
So that's why you purchased a Busa... to make up for other shortcomings?
rock.gif
laugh.gif
Sorry Vic, but you slid right into that one...
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

(bacharles @ May 18 2007,09:11)
(Vic_E55_2001 @ May 17 2007,17
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
)
(dadofthree @ May 17 2007,13
super.gif
) Let me know if you ever figure out that growing thingy, because I'm told size matters  
laugh.gif

blush.gif
Believe me I know size matters..  
jump9.gif
So that's why you purchased a Busa... to make up for other shortcomings?
rock.gif
laugh.gif
 Sorry Vic, but you slid right into that one...
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif
Aren`t we all....  
jump9.gif

I`d buy Goldwing or Rune if that was the case. I simply think that Busa is awesome machine for the money.

I actually prefer small cars. Does it really means anything?

laugh.gif

jump9.gif

(warwgn @ May 18 2007,09:01) why is it that everytime someone cant explain something, god did it? Take your watch can you tell me where the metal and plastic came from, exactly where and how? The lack of an explination does not make something devine.

Everytime someone says God did something, what I really hear is I dont know and cant explain it so to make me feel better I will make up an answer "God".

sorry for the derail
beerchug.gif
Agreed 100%

I want to be emperor of the world.

In fact, I was born emperor of the world. All you people who refuse to accept me as such are being intolerant of me! It's all your fault that I'm going to kill myself because I'm so depressed that you won't accept me as emperor of the world.

Wait, no... I am a bird! I look into the mirror every morning and that's what I see - an eagle! If you don't rewrite the definition of eagle right now to allow me to fly, then you're oppressing me and you will be responsible for my death...

I'm with WWJD here - male & female are what they are. Changing those definitions to allow people to feel better about themselves is just silly. If you are a male who wishes he were a female, why can't you just be that and be happy with it? After all, I read everywhere in the mainstream media that GLBT people are just like the rest of us in terms of being well-adjusted and comfortable with what they are. If that is truly the case and there is nothing wrong with those perspectives and lifestyles, why would one need to have gender redefined in order to find fulfillment?

(CrashTestDanny @ May 18 2007,09:40) I want to be emperor of the world.

In fact, I was born emperor of the world.  All you people who refuse to accept me as such are being intolerant of me!  It's all your fault that I'm going to kill myself because I'm so depressed that you won't accept me as emperor of the world.

Wait, no... I am a bird!  I look into the mirror every morning and that's what I see - an eagle!  If you don't rewrite the definition of eagle right now to allow me to fly, then you're oppressing me and you will be responsible for my death...

I'm with WWJD here - male & female are what they are.  Changing those definitions to allow people to feel better about themselves is just silly.  If you are a male who wishes he were a female, why can't you just be that and be happy with it?  After all, I read everywhere in the mainstream media that GLBT people are just like the rest of us in terms of being well-adjusted and comfortable with what they are.  If that is truly the case and there is nothing wrong with those perspectives and lifestyles, why would one need to have gender redefined in order to find fulfillment?
Viva to Imperor! I accept you.

You want to be a bird?

Fine with me too.

As far as your behavior not affect anyone but you.
Isn`t that the case with all those unhappy individuals who was born in wrong body?

(warwgn @ May 18 2007,08:01) why is it that everytime someone cant explain something, god did it? Take your watch can you tell me where the metal and plastic came from, exactly where and how? The lack of an explination does not make something devine.

sorry for the derail
beerchug.gif
The metal and plastic comes from items on the periodic table, you know science.  Do you think those items just assembled themselves, no.  So why think that your billion of cells, making up hundreds of organs to make up several systems to make up one body held together by a semipermeable membrane call the skin just evolved from an ameoba?  That sound sillier to me than every claim of what God has created!  Simply put you have to admit to have a creation, you must have a creator!  

Painting=painter
Building=builder
Creation=creator

Don't know how much you can explain it better than that & speaking for me I'm far from be a rocket scientist or theologian so never will I claim to "know it all".  I DO know that Jesus died for us all, and rose again.  How do I know, because the Holy Spirit dwells within me and leads me unto all truths.  I know that while some may say things to stur my thinking, NOONE can tell me He doesn't exist, and because He exists so does His Word,  And because His Word exists so the truth therein, even the part about "weeping and knashing of teeth," you know hell.  Some of those truths are being revealed to me, even as we speak, so again I'm ever learning & growing in Christ but the foundation has been laid.

Have a blessed one
BD

(BigDawg_03Busa @ May 18 2007,10:30)
(warwgn @ May 18 2007,08:01) why is it that everytime someone cant explain something, god did it? Take your watch can you tell me where the metal and plastic came from, exactly where and how? The lack of an explination does not make something devine.

sorry for the derail
beerchug.gif
The metal and plastic comes from items on the periodic table, you know science.  Do you think those items just assembled themselves, no.  So why think that your billion of cells, making up hundreds of organs to make up several systems to make up one body held together by a semipermeable membrane call the skin just evolved from an ameoba?  That sound sillier to me than any claim of what God has created!  Simply put you have to admit to have a creation, you must have a creator!  

Painting=painter
Building=builder
Creation=creator

Don't know how much you can explain it better than that & speaking for me I'm far from be a rocket scientist or theologian so never will I claim to "know it all".  I DO know that Jesus died for us all, and rose again.  How do I know, because the Holy Spirit dwells within me and leads me unto all truths.  Some of those truths are being revealed even as we speak, so I'm still learning & growing but the foundation has been laid.

Have a blessed one
BD
Christianity explained creation on primitive level so idiot will understand and accept it.

I`m not theologian and would not participate in such debate.
I`m in fact rocket scientist and I belive that absolute knowledge does not exist. We should learn and explore the world.
Knowledge is power.

Maybe it was God who guided us to explore the world?

Gender is defined as being Male or Female.

Being Male is defined as # an animal that has the potential to naturally produce gametes (spermatozoa) that can fertilize female gametes (ova).

So if you are a Male and want to be a Female your gender would not change but you would now be called a "transgendered" person or something like that.

So down the road we feel that the word "purple" just doesn't describe how the color really looks to everyone. So we want to call it "Orange." But wait Orange is already taken! That's ok. Now Orange and Purple are both Orange.

In that light Male and "Former Females" (aka now "Male" transgendered folks) would mark the same box in the question of "Male or Female".

While in the grand scheme of things I don't think it really makes a bit of difference, it just doesn't seem very intelligent or needed. Don't we have more important things to worry about than what to call things? I thought we figured that out a LONG time ago. What's next? Trees? Books? Motorcycles? Who really cares?

(Vic_E55_2001 @ May 18 2007,09:41)
(BigDawg_03Busa @ May 18 2007,10:30)

sorry for the derail
beerchug.gif
The metal and plastic comes from items on the periodic table, you know science.  Do you think those items just assembled themselves, no.  So why think that your billion of cells, making up hundreds of organs to make up several systems to make up one body held together by a semipermeable membrane call the skin just evolved from an ameoba?  That sound sillier to me than any claim of what God has created!  Simply put you have to admit to have a creation, you must have a creator!  

Painting=painter
Building=builder
Creation=creator

Don't know how much you can explain it better than that & speaking for me I'm far from be a rocket scientist or theologian so never will I claim to "know it all".  I DO know that Jesus died for us all, and rose again.  How do I know, because the Holy Spirit dwells within me and leads me unto all truths.  Some of those truths are being revealed even as we speak, so I'm still learning & growing but the foundation has been laid.

Have a blessed one
BD
Christianity explained creation on primitive level so idiot will understand and accept it.

I`m not theologian and would not participate in such debate.
I`m in fact rocket scientist and I belive that absolute knowledge does not exist. We should learn and explore the world.
Knowledge is power.

Maybe it was God who guided us to explore the world?
I wouldn't expect you to dabate God's word, nor do I because it isn't necessary if someone reads with the intent of living it sincerely.  You're right knowlegde is power which is why Hosea 4:6 says:

my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge.
      "Because you have rejected knowledge,
      I also reject you as my priests;
      because you have ignored the law of your God,
      I also will ignore your children

You keep believing man's knowledge is absolute, I'll stick with the fact that the Judgement seat is coming.  Again in the end (if I've vividly imagined what I've seen, felt & experienced) who will stand to lose the mose?

You or me?

Oh yeah I have no problem with man exploring the world in fact initially we were given dominion over the earth.  There is no problem with "man" expanding on it's knowledge until it attempts to superceed the "absolute knowledge".

Educate me, being a rocket scientist how do you think we evolved from a single celled organism?

(BigDawg_03Busa @ May 18 2007,10:47) Educate me, being a rocket scientist how do you think we evolved from a single celled organism?
thats not rocket science, maybe a genetcists or bioligist would be better
AAAssjani.gif

(warwgn @ May 18 2007,09:58)
(BigDawg_03Busa @ May 18 2007,10:47) Educate me, being a rocket scientist how do you think we evolved from a single celled organism?
thats not rocket science, maybe a genetcists or bioligist would be better
AAAssjani.gif
Okay, don't you think a "rocket scientist" will have knowledge of baseline science itself? Thank you for enlightening me though, I may be out of line for grouping all scientists under the "title" of "science". Kind of like how many will group "Christians" under the "title" of "Religious finatics". Thanks again though.

(BigDawg_03Busa @ May 18 2007,10:30) The metal and plastic comes from items on the periodic table, you know science.  
you didnt explain anything, thats like me saying we evolved from a single cell because of a lot of time and effects of the environment.

you still didnt answer where the metal and plactic came from or how it got there, what process was used to get it to is current form?

Back