Maybe I'll Become a "National Hero"...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
I know how to stop this oil spill in less than 24 hours and it's driving me crazy cause i didn't know who to tell/contact without them thinking me a complete nutcase but...with my experience as a NASA R&D machinist/fabricator for several companies i've had enough exposure, test site experience and knowledge to know that...

If we took approx 6 tankards of LN2 (liquid nitrogen) and bound them together with a shaped charge of C4 explosives (to simultaneously rupture all 6 tankards) this would FREEZE ALL LIQUIDS into a chunk of ice the size of yankee stadium thereby buying plenty of time to devise and install a permanent mechanical plug/seal.

so?..this morning i contacted BP...who was not willing to listen to my idea but they sent me a form (which i completed in full) from an outside company "Horzon Technologies" who is an obviouse sub-contractor that is insulating/filtering BP from receiveing or being pestered by any public ideas...so?..since i realized it would prolly be days/weeks/months if it ever got read/reviewed at all?...i immediatly followed up by emailing the very same suggestion too LA Gov. Bobby Jindle...and i can't help but wonder if i'll ever get his attention...but?...the dude seems pretty proactive...we shall see.

L8R, Bill. :cool:

I was reading the original post thinking to myself how brilliant the idea is and how upsetting it is that he can't get the idea to market.

Then I read the next post and went D'OH!

:laugh:

That's thinking "outside the box". I would think the pressure at that depth would crush the tankers like tin cans before they even made it that deep. Heck! It beats the bullcrap BP is trying. Where's aquaman when you need him?

Wouldn't the ice just float up to the surface?

normally?..to the joe average laymen out there who hasn't actually seen such events/experiments take place?..yes...ice floats...however...

With the "Application" employed here?...no...the ice wouldn't float up...why?..you ask?...simple...

First off?...at the depth we're dealing with?...the water temps are only a few degs above freezing...it was one of their weaknesses...my idea turns it into a strength..and via "RAPID DISPERSION" of a -346dgsF liquid would form this chuck of ice...[B[(keynote: including frozen oil inside the pipline itself)[/B]..so quickly (we're talking a couple seconds here) that not only it would take on the external features of the pipline/flowline itself but it would also "Anchor Itself" too the negitive draft forms of all surrounding subterranian features..thereby..

anchoring the ice that wants to float but can't to the bottom of the sea floor...including FROZEN OIL WITIH THE PIPELINE/FLOWPATH ITSELF!

see?...that's why we also had village idiots actually suggesting we plug it with tennis balls...no shid...tennis balls float too the last time i checked..but this answer to a problem should not be challenged with questions of simple terms..it should be applied...ASAP!

folks...i've been privy to witness a lot of wild shid R&D'ing such things as the SSME..(space schuttle main engine) turbo-pump...seen what cryogenic fluids can do enmass...and it's not the average person who KNOW that such would work if properly administered.

Sorry if i soud a tad pomp but...this is truely driving me nuts!...to know...yet no one will listen....just heckle & belittle with simple minds...as this situation destroys our world..then maybe it's true..and we shall continue to get more of what we so richly and ignorantly deserve.

much love & L8R, Bill. :cool:

I filled out the same form and submitted it. I think we can kill two birds with one stone by shoving illegals into the pipe.

yep...it worked...it's a letter from Bobby Jindal..Govenor of LA...and obviously an automated response..meaning..not one set of human eyes has actually read my proposal of how to actually stop this oil spill..in less than 24 hours..so sad.

however...they did furnish me with a number to call if i have and products or services i would like to sell them regarding the oil spill..dumbazzs...our tax dollars hard at work.:banghead:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

That's thinking "outside the box". I would think the pressure at that depth would crush the tankers like tin cans before they even made it that deep. Heck! It beats the bullcrap BP is trying. Where's aquaman when you need him?

Aquaman? prince Namor an all of Atlantis are covered in oil an sludge an asked for Scotty to beam them up last week :poke: :laugh:

normally?..to the joe average laymen out there who hasn't actually seen such events/experiments take place?..yes...ice floats...however...

With the "Application" employed here?...no...the ice wouldn't float up...why?..you ask?...simple...

First off?...at the depth we're dealing with?...the water temps are only a few degs above freezing...it was one of their weaknesses...my idea turns it into a strength..and via "RAPID DISPERSION" of a -346dgsF liquid would form this chuck of ice...[B[(keynote: including frozen oil inside the pipline itself)[/B]..so quickly (we're talking a couple seconds here) that not only it would take on the external features of the pipline/flowline itself but it would also "Anchor Itself" too the negitive draft forms of all surrounding subterranian features..thereby..

anchoring the ice that wants to float but can't to the bottom of the sea floor...including FROZEN OIL WITIH THE PIPELINE/FLOWPATH ITSELF!

see?...that's why we also had village idiots actually suggesting we plug it with tennis balls...no shid...tennis balls float too the last time i checked..but this answer to a problem should not be challenged with questions of simple terms..it should be applied...ASAP!

folks...i've been privy to witness a lot of wild shid R&D'ing such things as the SSME..(space schuttle main engine) turbo-pump...seen what cryogenic fluids can do enmass...and it's not the average person who KNOW that such would work if properly administered.

Sorry if i soud a tad pomp but...this is truely driving me nuts!...to know...yet no one will listen....just heckle & belittle with simple minds...as this situation destroys our world..then maybe it's true..and we shall continue to get more of what we so richly and ignorantly deserve.

much love & L8R, Bill. :cool:

Being a simple person myself :laugh: I can understand your anger at being ignored with what you believe a solution to an incredible disaster that only gets worse by the minute. I am sure there they have to be some scientist trying to seek a solution, maybe there is a way to send a suggestion toward them...:dunno: Trying to find an speak to the smart people working on this problem maybe tougher than solving the problem itself, that is if there are any :laugh:

yes jinks...i like your idea...russia also solved it many times with simple low yield nukes with thier leaks...suitcase or smaller size...collapses and seals.

Back