Are you being you?

The good question would be.. if you had to do something constructive for 8 hours a day, and money was not an issue at all(everyone got paid the same communist style).. what would it be.. something mindless like a factory job.. mechanical.. or do you like challenging yourself on a daily basis with difficult problems.. (diagnostician.. computer software engineer?) The island idea ruins it

The good question would be.. if you had to do something constructive for 8 hours a day, and money was not an issue at all(everyone got paid the same communist style).. what would it be.. something mindless like a factory job.. mechanical.. or do you like challenging yourself on a daily basis with difficult problems.. (diagnostician.. computer software engineer?) The island idea ruins it

naw, ya see, you are keeping it within the framework of modern man, and I think we live flawed in our modern way - see that previous MBA story example. So, I say get back to what makes US human - the basics, our REAL needs, not stuff, not money, not success or achievement - those are all modern distractors. People in today's world aren't as happy in life as they could be and that may be because we over distract ourselves and multitask our brains more than they were designed to take. The modern achievement basis is flawed because we compare and compete with OTHER PEOPLE outside ourself and thus are not being true to ourself. Maybe you have a Yugo and you REALLY the look and driving it but your neighbor or coworkers all drive Porches... now you feel alienated for not fitting in with the rest... but YOU LIKE your Yugo... society says YOU change to feel accepted and to do so, leave said Yugo behind even if it was YOU.

We are physical beings designed to do all kinds of neat stuff yet we reach for conveniences that make us lazy and then wonder why we are unfullfilled.

Just a thought :)

Your idea is not wrong, standigitty, but who would you be if there was no reason to have diagnostician or software engineers? At our base core, THAT is who we really are and everything past that is filler

naw, ya see, you are keeping it within the framework of modern man, and I think we live flawed in our modern way - see that previous MBA story example. So, I say get back to what makes US human - the basics, our REAL needs, not stuff, not money, not success or achievement - those are all modern distractors. People in today's world aren't as happy in life as they could be and that may be because we over distract ourselves and multitask our brains more than they were designed to take. The modern achievement basis is flawed because we compare and compete with OTHER PEOPLE outside ourself and thus are not being true to ourself. Maybe you have a Yugo and you REALLY the look and driving it but your neighbor or coworkers all drive Porches... now you feel alienated for not fitting in with the rest... but YOU LIKE your Yugo... society says YOU change to feel accepted and to do so, leave said Yugo behind even if it was YOU.

We are physical beings designed to do all kinds of neat stuff yet we reach for conveniences that make us lazy and then wonder why we are unfullfilled.

Just a thought :)

Your idea is not wrong, standigitty, but who would you be if there was no reason to have diagnostician or software engineers? At our base core, THAT is who we really are and everything past that is filler

definitiley makes sense.. i just thought you were looking for a dream job.
I guess in that case.. I would be a hunter.. thrill of the kill does it for me

First thing I would do?

I'd say a prayer for all the loved ones lost. Then I'd say a prayer for all enemies lost. Then I'd say a prayer for the population as a whole.

Next thing I'd do is try to acclimate myself to their style of life. I would NOT introduce government, money, or a computer system. Nor would I attempt to build a gasoline engine.

"Our" way of life is by far not the golden standard that all other cultures/people should emulate or attempt to achieve. Ignorance is truly bliss sometimes.

Setting up a money AND a government system? I've had enough corruption, thank you very much...I care not to repeat the process.

True...we have come a long way from the primitive hunter/gatherer origins, but let's take a long, honest look at life:

We have so many improvements, but yet we are plagued still by so many problems. Society is supposedly "improved"; spreading and sharing wealth with all (again supposedly), and freedom and individuality are particularly valued.

And yet, what do we deal with? Theft, assault, rape, missing children, broken homes and a society that is heading in the general direction of leaving it's elders out in the cold (mind you, this is AFTER they have gotten what they want from them) as well as teaching and valuing less responsibility on the INDIVIDUAL.

When was the last time someone committed a crime and we said "it's their fault"?

Nope...now we look at their upbringing, their mental history and environment. "John Doe raped that little girl, but it's not really his fault because his dad abused him as a child."

Screw me to tears, but the last time I checked, NO ONE was shoving a gun in John Doe's mouth and telling him to violate an innocent. Not to mention he'll probably get a lawyer that will manage to have him kept alive at the taxpayer's expense because he was the perpetrator of the deed, but it wasn't really "his fault".

Bring about the beginnings of this kind of society again? Um, thanks, but no thanks. I'll live out the rest of my days in peace amongst the natives with nary a care for the corruption, politics and deceit that have become the norm in this life. To quote a line from a movie:

"The world is still the same...it's just that there's less in it."

That this has become commonplace is a sad sad statement in and of itself.

I'll take a life of peace amongst the natives any day.

:laugh:I really do not have much more to add that hasn't been said. I would acclimate myself to the island life, fit in with the natives and enjoy a stress free life without bills, scheduled meetings, commuting in traffic and all that fun stuff.

Of course the island must have hooch!!

Can Cpt. Jack Sparrow be there with me?? :whistle: :laugh:

small_1334467.jpg

Good stuff PAC and everyone, good stuff!

so... is it possible to live on our island of happy while still living in our current skins? here and now? are there sacrifices and/or compromises you/we can make to get there?

your responses, and an answer from the original poster, after these commercial messages...

There is an idea of a Projekt; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

Sounds Kinda GAY if ya ASK ME :dunno:

I would immediately declare myself as leader, as 1st act of rule I would have all females 18-30ish begin a re-procreation of the planet with me. While doing this tiring work I would of course try to establish a society of good down to earth beliefs. I would not make the mistakes they did with the original 13 colonies and of course while it being a democracy, I would make some rules that would not be up for a vote because I would now better than they do, after all they're just a bunch of dumb islanders, right? There would be no money and it would almost be Amish in a way to keep life simple.

Pretend you get stranded on a deserted island in the middle of nowhere, with a very small, friendly tribe of primative natives, and no electricity. Nuclear bombs go off everywhere else destroying ALL of the people, cities, of all the other continents. Now it is just you and these few very, nice natives...

Cut and pasted from the original post..

Honestly, I don't think it would matter what you did,the earths wind current would carry the radiation clouds around the world and the little island would become contaminated and you would end up dying a slow painful death...

I'll stay on the main land and just glow in the dark for awhile till "POOF" nothing left..

Back