Are you being you?

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Are you being you? I ask because many people are not being themselves but are too busy to notice this, and don't care until it's too late. Too late means you wake up one day, after you've made too many wrong decisions leaving you in a place you can not simply turn around from, and feel you've missed your own life or are living someone else's life, or are off track but can't find anything immediately wrong to explain why. Could be because you are not being you. Society grows us with very many bad things, bad seeds, bad influences, peer pressure, competition, and tells us we need to be a certain way to be sucessful, even if that version of success is the exact thing that makes everyone miserable.

How to tell if you are being you:

Pretend you get stranded on a deserted island in the middle of nowhere, with a very small, friendly tribe of primative natives, and no electricity. Nuclear bombs go off everywhere else destroying ALL of the people, cities, of all the other continents. Now it is just you and these few very, nice natives...

...what EXACTLY would you do?

Feel free to briefly describe your life on that Island. Any way you want it. I will not post ANY examples here to taint or lead the responses.

This small exercise shows you what exactly you think your life should be, and helps you identify whether or not you are REALLY WORKING at doing things you want to do and be. If not, maybe there are things you can change to get closer to your life.

There's probably flaws in my little exercise, but I am curious what people come up with.
db_Isle_de_Ronde1.jpg

When in Rome do as the Romans. I'd make a hut, make some friends, lay in a hammock and enjoy the easy life with all the nice natives.

i'd be stoked!!! having the ability to sustain myself and my family without the stress of bills or economy. I talked to my wife yesterday about this very topic...after watching Lost hehe.

of course if my fam wasn't with me...i'm sure i'd still suffice, just not so enthusiastically

Last edited:
Evalution? I'm not evaluating anything.... :laugh: just thought it would be interesting.

I think the island scenario shows us who we really are

i'd be stoked!!! having the ability to sustain myself and my family without the stress of bills or economy. I talked to my wife yesterday about this very topic...after watching Lost hehe.

of course if my fam wasn't with me...i'm sure i'd still suffice, just not so enthusiastically

same here. LOST IS BACK ON AGAIN???

no, i've actually never seen it untill a week ago...it's reruns on g4, but i'm hooked. thinking about buying the dvds

I didnt watch it EVER until that season and got hooked. I cant wait till it starts again. BUY the dvd's ea. of the following seasons are just as good:thumbsup:

Well it is rather simple really. First I would find a way to craft a boat/raft... anything to get the heck off the island... I would point to a close larger landmass... make landfall with or without the friendly natives.(I'm nice also) head inland to find a cow and bull...... breed the crap outta them and repopulate the earth..... Of course the menial things in between the major steps I will not state here as they could be considered offensive.(Then yall would know my true mission in life)

Motto - If you want it earn it. If you work hard all things will be made for you. NOTHING is easily gained.

:poke:
Well it is rather simple really. First I would find a way to craft a boat/raft... anything to get the heck off the island... I would point to a close larger landmass... make landfall with or without the friendly natives.(I'm nice also) head inland to find a cow and bull...... breed the crap outta them and repopulate the earth..... Of course the menial things in between the major steps I will not state here as they could be considered offensive.(Then yall would know my true mission in life)

Motto - If you want it earn it. If you work hard all things will be made for you. NOTHING is easily gained.

I_Demand_One.jpg

I would try to become a productive member of the community on the Island, learn their culture and share mine with them, take many wives and father many big and healthy half mexican-half islander babies...

You won't enjoy life on those other land masses... they are soot covered, radiation filled, dead lands - no people, no plants, no animals. Good luck with that!

That island is IT!

I'd build some protection - not sure if I would follow the standard American Dream Home design or something more realistic like a teepee or a cave... probably a teepee. That sounds easy and small enough that maintenance would be a breese. Work myself into thier culture, make improvements ONLY IF REALLY NEEDED, figure how to trade my work for food, or gather my own food. Of course, the prettiest single girl would become my wife and I guess we'd end up with a few kids for lack of protection. I'd also want a hobby and that would be some minor action sports like sailing, mountain climbing, maybe a ball game, and I would build some musical instruments and try to form a fun little band with interested tribes people.

So, yeah, like everyone here says, I'd live in peace. Do I need to change that now? Not a lot, maybe some.... I have hobbies and friends, I need to do more music. But I've already cut out a lot of that other stress and crap

I'm shocked. No one yet has mentioned setting up a government, a money system, a communications medium, trying to build a gas engine or install a computer network! You mean we can live without those things and be happy? Say it isn't so!

Back