Are we doing right by members?

Everyone please take a look - Handling member assitance donations

• Everything works great, MC Keep it up!

Votes: 71 89.9%
  • Would like to see everyone who spills get assistance

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Form a committee to decide who gets what/how much

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Should be member advocates to track all mishaps

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Should be a physical location for spare parts storage

• We should not be asked to donate for other members

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donations to the board should be diverted for members

• Doesn't matter who does it, as long as it isn't MC!

• Would prefer to see (specific Member) handle donations

• Total voters
mc i dont belive the poll exactly addressed how i think. i think members can choose who to support baised on thier experience/opinion with that specific member. and anything else leads to "hey! get free stuff here at the org."

2 year old thread :dunno:

Jman was inquiring about some fund raising issues and a member posted that here had been some threads regarding donations; this was a poll I started a little over two years ago to try and guage the desire to help and in what ways were we doing well...

Jman was inquiring about some fund raising issues and a member posted that here had been some threads regarding donations; this was a poll I started a little over two years ago to try and guage the desire to help and in what ways were we doing well...

Yeah I just didn't post on it cause I figured it was in goods by now not meaning it wasn't ...:hide: you know what I mean...:laugh:

I didnt vote due to the fact I havent be around much lately to be able to give an opinion on how we are doing right now. IMHO I trust each and every one of our admins with any penny I give. If they say there is a need and I have it to give...it's there with no questions asked or explanation needed.

If I may be Frank. I would bet that hayabusa.org does more than 99% for their members than any other .org out there. It is NOT an easy job. And the pay ain't very good either lol.

Bottom line, my only .02 is to have an acct. set up for benevolence but still take donations as things come up.

1. there will be extra $ available when we fall short and some people might want to help but can't at the specific time something comes up. This way they can give ahead of time when they DO have the resources.

2. It's sort of a hybrid program that allows people to still give when things arise and want to help a specific person.

3. If there is extra money left over there is somewhere to put it for future use.

However we are very fortunate here that we have both people that are trustworthy to manage the $ AND are willing to take on the task.

JMHO

Back