Are Gen II OEM pistons Forged ?

HI. Well I guess I just through my money away again! I could have keep the stock pistons instead of the custom JE pistom I ordered they will take 58 lbs of boost right.

You’re looking for (confidence in longevity) as well though right? Sustained high rpm speed runs place far more stress on moving parts, hot and under extreme pressure, than relatively short bursts of boost and speed as in street racing or the occasional strip or track days. I’ll bet that MotoGP engineers use the best stuff. :)

I don't look at it that way Mike. You are building a no expense spared bike, and you want the best of the best. It's not fair to compare your build with anything else out there!
HI. I love all the knowledge I get here from all the great people here. I just have an odd sense of humor sometime. I like to get people talking. Like what do you all think of nikasil coating? Someone that has raced for a long time said to me that he would not use it on his lawn mower! He said I need to get the block sleeved. What do you all think? I have a few spare blocks like 4 I have 3 gen 1s and 1 gen 2. 1 of the gen 1s needs to be bored the rest are all good 81mm.

HI. I love all the knowledge I get here from all the great people here. I just have an odd sense of humor sometime. I like to get people talking. Like what do you all think of nikasil coating? Someone that has raced for a long time said to me that he would not use it on his lawn mower! He said I need to get the block sleeved. What do you all think? I have a few spare blocks like 4 I have 3 gen 1s and 1 gen 2. 1 of the gen 1s needs to be bored the rest are all good 81mm.
I think it is fine. Done right it makes more sense to me than sleeves. When you make a lot of power you are eventually going to get some scoring in the bore. There is nothing magic about a sleeve that prevents that. What do you do with the block with sleeves at that point? With nikasil you just sent it to Millenium and they replate it and it is as good as new.

Back