Are B-King and Hayabusa Engines the same?

well, according to this Suzuki Hayabusa (2nd Generation) Vs Suzuki B-King GSX1300BK they've got the exact same gear ratios but the b-king is both heavier, less aerodynamic, and has a bit less power. I could probably still see it getting close to 175 or 180mph stock on a good day with a little tailwind though. with the limiter disabled of course. main limiting factors being the poor aerodynamics and lower power output. Given these facts though, with equal riders, I just dont see how it could outrun a busa stock for stock.

so what about gearing?? there the same "aparently"

all i know, my b-king, is fast, very fast, but you couldn't compare it to the speeds of the busa gen 1 or gen 2...

Even a turbocharged b-king, against a standard hayabusa will NOT keep up, or might do up to 100mph, then airedynamics kick in... hence the top speed compared to the b-king and hayabusa... around the same amount of power, hayabusa abit heavyer, but has a higher top speed...

Im getting rid of my track busa as i dont like it any more, but a year ago i did...

then i joined hayabusa.org
and hayabusa's have grown on me... i dream of them!!!

id sleep on it if i could...

well, according to this Suzuki Hayabusa (2nd Generation) Vs Suzuki B-King GSX1300BK they've got the exact same gear ratios but the b-king is both heavier, less aerodynamic, and has a bit less power. I could probably still see it getting close to 175 or 180mph stock on a good day with a little tailwind though. with the limiter disabled of course. main limiting factors being the poor aerodynamics and lower power output. Given these facts though, with equal riders, I just dont see how it could outrun a busa stock for stock.

Just for the record - I didn't state the B-King was FASTER - I was just responding to the idea a turbo B-king couldn't take down a stock Gen I or Gen II Busa and that the B-King is capable of only 155 MPH. I know from experience it will hit a true 157 in 5th gear(GPS) and has got a lot left. I've owned both and the Busa definetely owns the top end and the quarter. But the B-King is only marginally less capable than the Busa and has a lot of qualities the Busa doesn't.

Bashing the Busa in the speed department is like calling Tiger just another golfer... No Busa dissing here.

For those who are interested here is a quarter time slip with 9.9 time for the B-King and a Dyno run to 155 in 4th gear. And thats not chop liver...

Motoaus.com - Suzuki B-King Ridden and Raced Review | Road Bike Features and Reviews | Road

2009 Yamaha Star VMAX Comparison - Yamaha Star Cruiser Motorcycle Comparison Review - Motorcycle USA

But the B-King is only marginally less capable than the Busa and has a lot of qualities the Busa doesn't.

[/url]

what you call "qualities", I call "deficiencies".:poke: Seriously though, I dont think anyone doubts that the b-king is a very powerful bike. if I were after a standard, its the only one I would ever consider.:thumbsup:

the busa is so much faster!!!!!!

on the suzuki gen website, it says, all the stats apart from fuel capacity are faster than the b-king...

on a strait line drag, the hayabusa is at 140mph when the b-king gets the 120mph...

around the same weight and bhp... but the busa is faster, only difference the busa is nearly a foot longer!

TRE for sure...not sure if he changed the gearing, or what else he did to it...stock I think they are only good for about 155 :(

No gearing change, nothing besides a TRE.

Not true - they will hit the limiter in 5th or maybe even 4th gear.

True they are limited in 5th and 6th gear, they will actually run faster in 4th from the factory than they will 5th and 6th.

the busa is so much faster!!!!!!

on the suzuki gen website, it says, all the stats apart from fuel capacity are faster than the b-king...

on a strait line drag, the hayabusa is at 140mph when the b-king gets the 120mph...

around the same weight and bhp... but the busa is faster, only difference the busa is nearly a foot longer!

The busa is NOT a foot longer, Wheelbase on a Gen 2 busa is 58.3 inches, and on an 08 B-King is 60.0 inches That is the facts!

They are the same power plant gearing and all.

Dry weight Gen2 busa is 485lbs, 487 CA model,
B-King 518 lbs. 520 CA model, and ABS model 526lbs US, and 529lbs CA.

Macon has all the facts. With so little difference in power and wieght, they both run great. Owen, your info is not quite 100%.

Oh, this thread is still garbage!!!!:laugh:

Oh jeez....

repost_1.jpg

Back