Arai, Motorcycle Superstore

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
rant.gif

A guide on how not to treat customers...especially after they shell out $500 for a helmet.

Some of you may remember 3 weeks ago I posted how my Arai Sinister was getting scratched by the face shield.

Well let me start off by saying Arai sucks at Customer Service. The only way to contact them is a lame E-mail system of which they may or may not reply. No phone number.

So after getting a few blah blahs via e-mail from them (each of which takes a couple days) I decided Motorcycle Superstores (where I bought the helmet) might have an easier time. They Suggested I send it back to them.

So, THREE WEEKS AGO this comming Monday, out my Sinister went. Motorcycle Superstore did send me a pre-paid label...fed ex GROUND from Florida to Oregon...5 days.

The "Superstore" got it Fri or Monday. On Tuesday I called and they informed me their return manager wasn't feeling well and was out a few days (so nothing is getting done, I guess they only got one) and there is quite a bit of things backed up so it may be a while.

Wednesday, I call again. Mind you that was a week and half ago. They inform me they must send it to their vendor for a "determination". They will overnight it.

This Wednesday, I call again...they haven't got confirmation from the vendor saying it even arived. They will call me.

Friday (today) I call again. Return's manager is out again. She finally calls me back and says....(are you ready for this)...That the vendor is gearing up for some show or something or other and that is why they haven't done dikc with my helmet. BUT...now they must send it to Arai for....a determination.

Which is where the 'f I was going to send it in the first place.

So, after 3 weeks...my $500 scratched helmet will be on it's on way to the exact same place I would have sent it to.

I must say with Arai's BS customer service and contact procedure, (although I love the helmet) this will be my one and only Arai...and motorcycle superstore...
guns.gif

Thank God about a week and half ago (I figured this would happen) I snagged a Shoei Busa Helmet RF-1000.
Couldn't stand going back to the Scorpion
tounge.gif

Thanks for the Vent...
rant.gif

rant.gif

been there with bad service to
guns.gif

a person has a good experince they tell a couple people
and a bad experince they tell 100 people
its all in the service.

Are we referring to the Board Sponsor
rock.gif

I was recently irritated by Galfer when I inquired with ??'s on product through e-mail.  They in turn directed my question to CycleBrakes.com who asked me to call with any ??'s in regard to said product.

In the end, I was irritated with Galfer redirecting me away from there own support and never made a call...............Piss Poor Customer Service seems to be the norm these days.

I hope it works out in the end for you.

sorry to hear about this.. but please more about the Scorpion they get good reveiws..
rock.gif

(DR1300R @ Feb. 16 2007,17:08) sorry to hear about this.. but please more about the Scorpion they get good reveiws..
rock.gif
Yeah, I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this as well.

HJC has GREAT customer service. One of the side pieces that hold the shield on broke and I called Helmet city where I got the AC 11, they gave me the # and guys name at HJC, he in turn was very nice and sent me overnight both side peices for the helmet. I was very pleased.

Tim

I'll put my plug in for Helmet Harbor. I've purchased 2 Shoei helmets from them.

Call them for the "in-store" price. It's much cheaper than what's on the web. As an example, their site shows the Shoei X-Eleven as $623, but I just bought one for $550.

Great customer service too!

If things don't workout give me a try. I'm a Arai dealer and i will see what i can do.

i tried on a scorpion at the motorcycle show and gotta be honest, it actually felt really really comfy. not to mention the visor is undistructable and anti-fag proof..

I have a Scorpion EXO-400 OCTANE and I LOVE it. It's very comfortable, quiet, and made quite well. The price on the Scorpion's can't be beat for the quality.

(ozzy04 @ Feb. 16 2007,23:36) i tried on a scorpion at the motorcycle show and gotta be honest, it actually felt really really comfy.  not to mention the  visor is undistructable and anti-fag proof..
"anti-fag proof visor".

I can see it now... "The perfect accessory for the homophob sportbike enthusiast"

biggrin.gif

Well first off the Scorpion is a physically larger helmet than the Shoei or the Arai. So it's a bit heavier and (for me anyway) when I turn my head left and right, it hits my shoulder pads on my jacket. So I wind up riding like turtle man.

Another thing, I remember reading a post about someone in a spill and his Scorpion face shield popped off. I dropped mine from less than waist high and my face shield and all related parts went flying.

I like the Arai best, it is very light and fits great. The only thing limiting my head movement (to look around and look for traffic) is my own neck. It comes with an optically correct visor (even smoke) and you really can't see it. I mean between the visor, the weight, the way the thing cuts through the air...you absolutely forget your even wearing a helmet.

The Shoei is very similar in size except maybe a bit smaller. I find my face closer to the front and the one knock I have, it seems to fog like a biotch.

In Summary, the Scorpion is not a bad helmet (other than the danger of the visor popping off in an accident) but a top of the line lid like the Shoei or Arai is really worth every penny and only enhances your riding experience. I definately have to give the nod to the Arai with the Shoei being a close second. (that is of course assuming the whole visor scratching my helmet thing is just an anomily)

I highly recommend spending the bucks on a really good lid and giving it a try. If your not spoiled and love it, you can always resell it but you don't know what your missing if you don't try it.

Here's quick pic of my Shoei...

Last edited by a moderator:
2-23-07  Update

Well yet another week has passed (this makes 4) and I have to call them after hearing nada and no one knows sheat yet or have heard from Arai.

However, they tell me, although come monday it will be 28 days since I shipped my helmet out, that returns typically take 6-8 weeks (blow it out your a....) but they will try to speed the process up for me....and get back to me....sometime....maybe.....

What a nightmare, just credit me my helmet and I'll order it and overnight it from somewhere else and have it Monday or Tuesday....
rolleyes_extreme.gif

Man that bites.

I just picked up the same RF1000 - color and everything. This is my first Shoei and it looks like it will be a keeper once it's broke in. Right now it's a bit tight around the bottom of my ears, but I think it will loosen up in a bit.

My previous helmet was/is an Arai RX7 in Nakano Green (which just won't cut it on a Red/Black Busa). Both helmets are extremely light. The shield change on the Shoei is WAY easier than the Arai. But the Arai is ever so slightly more comfortable. That could be because I'm in-between sizes and opted for one up on the Arai. It fit GREAT when I first got it, but it's a bit loose now. I went down a size on the RF-1000 and it's too tight right now. I'm hoping it will loosen a bit over time.

some not smart stores have low quality customer services...some stores are great(looks like whole department knows whats going on with me...as far as my problem goes...) this kinda stores get repeated customer and others? don't...
rock.gif

Back